Chapter 1

*What would happen after Clarke disembarked from Camp Jaha*

2 months since I took Finn's life away. 2 months since I've taken down Mt.Weather. 2 months since I've destroyed the village of Ton DC. 2 months since I left my camp to relieve my mind of all the treacherous acts I've committed. And 2 months since Lexa betrayed me to relieve her people from Mt.Weather.

Where do I stand? I wouldn't say that I stand anywhere.

I sat outside the opening of the cave, overlooking the broad horizon. Just after leaving Camp Jaha, I located myself on top of Mt.Weathers neighbor mountain. There, I found an uninhabited cave and a fresh water stream that leaked down the mountain. All was well besides the recurring thoughts of my acts. I assure myself that I was only trying to protect my people from harm but deep down I know it wasn't the best thing to do.

If only Lexa had stayed. If only she had stayed to stand by me with our united armies. Maybe the good citizens of Mt.Weather would still be here. Maybe we would be living with the people, forming a safe haven for us to live in. Maybe...maybe Lexa would still be here sitting beside me.

I shoved the horrid thoughts out of my head and tossed the scraps of fish into a nearby bush. I had never felt so lonely before. The birds and the light sound of the lake trickling was the only company I had. Oh how I wished to once again be reunited with my people. For the better, I won't return there just yet. I can't.

I made my way into the forest, picking up my handcrafted bow. I saved the gun ammunition for emergencies only. Grounders don't come in contact with me anymore. I think Lexa knows she left an unforgivable mark.

The soft chirp of the birds soothed me as I marched over the rotting leaves and into the path that lead to the stream. I continued to go by the same daily process. In the mornings I feast on fish. Then, I make my way to the stream to collect a fresh supply of water. After, I'll create more ammunition for my Bow. By now, I was getting pretty sick of the process and I longed for a change. For once in my life, I craved to find a Grounder lurking in the woods to possibly hunt for any sort of conversation.

I crouched down and knelt by the side of the stream. The small Canteen became stocked with water and I took a long gulp. I then scooped some of it up and cleaned my face with the sweet stream water. Without notice, a rustle from behind me caused me to jump.

I turned around and picked up my bow quickly.

"Who's there?" I called out, a little surprised to hear my voice after such a long while.

After a few moments I lowered my bow and concluded that it was probably a bird rustling through the bush. Again, I scooped up some refreshingly cold water and wiped my face.

Another thud came from behind me again. This time I knew it wasn't a bird. Footsteps? I didn't move. I sat still. The fresh water still drenched my eyes and came trickling down my face.

The footsteps stopped and I turned around slowly without raising my arms to show no signs of harming the predator. The water was still seeping into my eyes, slightly blinding me. From inside the bush crept out a tall brown-skinned figure.

"Clarke..."

"Lincoln?"