•seven•

"What does Zayn have planned for you?" Queen Trisha asked.

"I don't know." Genevieve shrugged. "He hasn't told me anything and he was still sleeping when I woke up."

"Well you two enjoy some time together today, but tomorrow there'll be a ball."

Prince Zayn had mentioned to his mother how Genevieve wouldn't prefer to spend her birthday with a big bash. She was still a simple girl at heart even though she was the princess of Genovia and lived in a castle. He also wanted to make the day special for her and spend some time with her. The queen agreed only if there was to be a party the day after.

"Yes Mother." Genevieve softly chuckled. "Thank you."

"Genevieve, darling." the king entered the grand living room. "Happy birthday." he walked up to her and kissed her on the forehead.

"Thank you Father."

"Don't you look just lovely."

Genevieve blushed and lowered her gaze.

"She's glowing." Trisha agreed nodding. "And growing."

Genevieve rubbed her slightly protruding belly as she smiled.

Madeline entered the room with a single balloon holding it by the string. "Happy birthday!"

"Thank you!" Genevieve hugged her friend.

"Here you go." Madeline handed the princess the balloon. "I'll give you your presents later."

"You didn't have to Maddy."

"Stop trying to be modest." Madeline rolled her eyes which made Genevieve laugh. "So what're you gonna do today? I heard there's no ball until tomorrow night."

The girls walked out of the room and stopped in the foyer in front of the grand staircase.

"I don't know." Genevieve shrugged. "Today is all in Zayn's hands. The last time I checked on him he was sleeping though."

"Oh. Well I'm sure you'll have a great day. Besides, you two didn't get to spend much time together lately. You should be able to make up for it today."

"We'll be able to if he decides to wake up."

"True." Madeline chuckled. "Why don't you go check up on him? I'll catch you later, ok?"

"Yeah sure." after Madeline walked away, Genevieve made her way up the stairs holding onto her balloon.

She entered the bedroom to see the bed was vacant. Guessing Zayn was up, she turned her head towards the washroom door. The door was open making Genevieve wonder where her husband had gone.

Suddenly, a pair of arms swept Genevieve off her feet as they scooped her up. The princess let out a squeal and turned her face to find Prince Zayn.

"Happy birthday." he leaned in to kiss her on the mouth.

"Thanks." she bashfully smiled.

Zayn put her down and Genevieve straightened out her dress. His eyes caught her swollen stomach and smiled down at it. He then looked up at Genevieve before crouching down to plant a kiss on top of it. As Genevieve watched him, a smile was formed on her lips.

When Zayn stood up again, Genevieve wrapped her arms around his neck asking, "What do you have planned for us today?"

"We're going to our secret place." he laced his arms around her waist.

"Really?" she softly gasped.

"Really." he smiled and kissed her. "Thought it'd be the perfect place to spend our time together today."