•one•

It was almost coming to a year since Genevieve and Zayn had tied the knot. But it only seemed like a few weeks ago to Genevieve. Many things had changed since then. Genevieve was now a princess and a part of the royal family. She was now known as Princess Genevieve Bell-Malik of Genovia. She had duties to complete, but of a princess with her husband, Prince Zayn Malik of Genovia by her side. Madeline, who was her best friend and once her co-worker, had been promoted to be the princess' right hand.

Genevieve's life wasn't simple as before when she was a commoner. She had greater matters to attend, she owned and was always adorned in the finest clothes and accessories made and sent from all over the globe, and she was to be the perfect role model for all the young girls in Genovia. Living the royal life was different and a bit difficult for Genevieve, but she never complained or gave up. Every morning she looked forward to her day. Living her new life wasn't as challenging with the love of her life always being beside her to support her. Only because of him, she was living a fairytale life and had gotten this far with it.

Genevieve turned around and came face-to-face with a sleeping Zayn. She couldn't help but smile at the adorable scene. If there was one thing she enjoyed most about being the princess of Genovia, it was to wake up every morning next to her husband. She observed his peaceful state as if it was her first time doing so.

Zayn's face was slightly dipped into the plushy pillow as he was presently in deep slumber. His dark hair drooped over his forehead making him look more innocent. His perfectly structured face was sprinkled with some hair. The soft pink lips of his were partly open as hushed snores came and disappeared through it. Genevieve's eyes travelled down to his chest, where it could be seen due to the white V-neck shirt he was wearing. From behind the collar of the shirt, part of his tattoo was visible. Zayn's appearance had completely changed in almost a year. He had cut his long locks, grew some facial hair and had even gotten a tattoo on his chest. Genevieve loved this new look of his.

Genevieve reached to trace the ink on Zayn's chest but before she was able to, Zayn's arm which was around her back tightened causing her to startle. She looked up and was met with a pair of warm brown eyes which instantly made her smile.

"Good morning birthday boy." Genevieve greeted him as she placed a hand on the side of his face.

With the arm that was draped over Genevieve, Zayn hauled her and brought her on top of him which made her squeal. "Good morning beautiful." he replied in a hoarse voice as he smirked.

"God you're so beautiful." she said she looked at him admiringly. A recently woken up Zayn Malik was definitely a sight to see, and Genevieve felt like the luckiest girl to witness this almost every day. She moved his hair away from his forehead and softly kissed him there. "And so perfect." she moved down and kissed him on the nose. "And so-"

Before Genevieve could complete her next sentence, Zayn pulled her down onto the bed and rolled on top of her. She softly gasped and bit her bottom lip as a smile crept on her lips. "Lucky." he finished her sentence and bent down to kiss her on the lips.

Genevieve instantly responded to his touch. She grabbed him by his shirt and pulled him closer to eliminate any space that was left between them and to deepen the kiss. One of her hands roamed through Zayn's voluminous hair as her fingers tangled themselves into it. She found the back of his head and kept her hand there to keep his head in place, which was to be right above hers. Her other hand slipped under his shirt and roamed his toned back. Feeling the muscles on Zayn's back sent shivers through Genevieve's body which made her attack his lips even more.

Effortlessly and gently, Zayn took Genevieve's arm which was under his shirt and held it against the bed as he interlocked his fingers with hers. He took her bottom lip between his teeth and tugged at it which made Genevieve arch her back slightly and let out a groan. Her bare legs wrapped around him the moment she was once again met against his lips.