The Devil Beneath My Feet

It turns out even the devil himself needs his beauty sleep. He had also downsized the chains he had put on my wrists to handcuffs. I smiled at this. I quickly slid the handcuffs in front of my body. Maybe I could visit Marilyn's dreams like the devil could mine.

I decided I would try. I stood up staring at the door. After I walked out this door there's no telling what could happen. I wanted to scream and die in a hole. But I couldn't give up not when Marilyn's counting on me. Not when the world was counting on me.

I opened the door slowly and quietly. Took a step out turned around and slowly closed the door shut again. I turned around and my heart stoped. "You honestly think I'm that stupid." The devil said smiling at me. "It depends." I shrugged.

Me saying this pissed him off. He grabbed the handcuffs and drug me back into his house. Then he through me into the wall of the house. Intense pain shot down my back. And I crawled onto my knees and hands. Coughing.

I coughed up a little blood. Shit I thought. The devil looked over a little concerned it seemed. I smiled at this. When I finally caught my breath I said, "you didn't hurt me your too weak to hurt me." The confidence he held behind his eye flickered.

"And I won't let you hurt anyone else." I promised. "Just go to sleep." He said after a while. He sounded weaker than before. "No I will sleep if u let me go tho." I said. "No I can't do that please just go to sleep." He said.

"Why?" I laughed. "Because it hurts." He said. I looked him dead into the eyes. "See you can feel which means you have a heart." I said to him. His eyes told me he understood. "No" he said ,"that can't be."

I smiled. "Now I am leaving." I said getting to my feet. He didn't reply he just started at the ground. I walked to the door even tho my back hurt like hell. I just wanted to get out of this dream. I just wanted to be with Marilyn.

"No" the devil said standing up. "You cant leave." I looked at him then opened the door. He ran at me screaming the words "you can't leave ur mine. I won't let you." He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me back inside his house once more.

I started kicking. And screaming " just let me go. Get the fuck off me. I'm Marilyn's girl." He dropped me on that last sentence. "No..." he said punching a wall ,"that's not true ur mine. I won't let him have you."

"Why do u keep calling me yours." I screamed. " you don't remember " the devil said. His face now showed sorrow. "You don't recall the one person who made you happy the one person who was your every thing. The person who...died for you."

I began to cry. "No." I said putting my hand on his cheek "that can't be you." A warm tear drop fell from his eye. And landed on my cold hand. "Yes it is me. I couldn't afford to live in even the afterlife without you. So I made this plan to get you back it's working." He smiled.

"How could u throw me into the wall like that though. The boy I knew was sweeter than that." I said. "I didn't want to lose you again. I wanted you to learn that..." he stoped in the middle of his sentence. "You can't keep me here forever you know. I still have a life to live. You died saving me I can't let that life go to waste." I said sighing.

"But that man must pay. He obsessed over you at the concert to the point that he could hardly breathe when he's away from you. He then put your life in danger. And then kidnapped u. And on top of that you guys did things together things that you wouldn't even do with me." He screamed. His sudden burst of anger took me by surprise and I jumped back. And fell on my ass.

"Ouch..." i said standing back up then continued on to say, " how do you even know what we did together." "You don't remember anything do you! While I was dying you told me you didn't want me to go. You didn't want me to ever leave you. I had promised you I would watch over you until you died." He said.

"Can I at least explain to you what really happened. That man could not help falling for me and the only reason he kidnapped me was to protect me from a stupid mistake he made. And the part about us having sex he didn't want to... I mean he wanted to but he didn't want me to do anything I didn't wanna do." I said defending Marilyn.

"And can I at least ask you a question. Why did you wanna have sex with him and never me?" He asked embarrassed. I stared at the ground.Then answered "I thought you would reject me." "Why would I reject you." He said.

At that point I couldn't help but start crying. "Because no one wants to date a ugly person." I said still crying. "Your not ugly your beautiful. I love you." He said snuggling me into his arms on the bed. I cried some more before saying "I love you to."

Then I fell asleep.