Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Rose

The day of the first task, my mind was out of sorts. I woke up and headed down to the Great Hall for breakfast feeling like I was about to great my death.

I had on normal clothes today, I left my hair down and wore a pair of jeans and a lightweight, black, longsleeve that fell off one shoulder, but fit on tight.

I sat across from Albus who seemed just as nervous as I was.

"Now you know the basic rules. Right." he asked.

"Yes Albus, for the millionth time, yes." I laughed unusualy, almost giddy with fear.

Lily sat two seats down with Taura and gazed unhappily at us. I still hadn't come around to forgive, I couldn't see how I could, she got me into this bloody mess.

Scorpius strode in and took in my state of dress and gave an unfairly handsome crooked smile. I gave a little smile back and looked down shyly.

Albus caught the exchange, I turned back to him and he had a mouthful and one eye bulged.

"What was that?" he asked but it came out like, 'Wadcakblahzt'.

"You really shouldn't talk with your mouthful Albus." I said and left to find somewhere to cool off.

I walked outside and sat over by the garden, trying to access a normal mental state. I heard footsteps so I opened my eyes to see Scorpius wearing a black V neck and jeans.

"Nervous?" he asked sitting down next to me.

"Extremely, you?" I answered.

"Ugh, extremely." he said shaking his head.

"Nice day though." I commented.

"Brilliant." he said while staring at me.

I suddenly saw Headmistress Magonagall (Im trying my best to get the spelling right.) walk up to us.

"Oh there you two are! It's time to move to the arena." she said flailing her arms.

I got up then did Scorpius.

I bit my lip, I felt like an idiot. Scorpius and I matched. Block shirts, jeans.

I tried breathing in and out trying to keep myself calm. Scorpius chuckled at me and we aparated to the arena.

After I dressed in my get up, I took a look in the mirror. It was hideous, red for Gryffindor, but I looked like I should have a cape at the end.

I walked out confidently and saw everyone else had on something similar. I smiled a little bit with that.

I sat down and pulled my hair into a loose ponytail.

•••••

Scorpius

I pulled on my robes for the first task. I smiled misheaveously. Goyle had done his work. He heard that Jessica Ward's brother was importing dragons.

I walked out and saw Rose sitting on a bench in our tent looking scared and shaking a bit. I smiled and walked over to her and whispered into her ear.

"Dragons." I whispered quietly so no one heard.

"Huh?" she said turning her face so that our faces were almost directly touching. I skooted back a bit.

"The first task, it's something to do with dragons." I said back.

Her eyes widened.

I couldn't help but smile back. Filch stumbled in then.