Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Scorpius

After dining in the Great Hall, I snuck out of the castle. I didn't feel like walking so I aparated to Hagrid's hut.

I stepped up to the door with my wand and said; "Alohamora" opening the door.

I stepped in carefully the hut had layers of dust on everything. I sneezed loudly and walked to the table where Goyle left the envelope.

It wasn't there.

My breath caught. I frantically shoved things around the table, but I couldn't find it.

My heart beat like mad I dug my hands through my hair and sweat started to bead over my upper lip. I cursed and kicked a pile of books that lay on the ground. The envelope held my life fragily and without it, I was god as dead.

I sunk to the floor and held my head in my hands. I reubbed my eyes and decided to stand up. My foot fell into a small dent on the wooden floor.

"What..." I whispered and stood from aback. Two dents in the wood stood out at a smal lengths apart. A little ways down, two smaller dents had formed. Blood in each price of damaged wood.

My brow furrowed and I saw two small, perfectly, bloodred hairs attached to the wood.

This hadn't been here when Goyle plassed the envelope on the table.

My breathing returned to normal and I mechanically walked out of the hut and back to the castle.

I knew who I needed to find.

•••••

Rose

I walked out of the Great Hall and into the library. I pulled out several potions books. I sat down at a remote table, the realized bending my knees really hurt so I sat on the ledge of the window sill, stretching my legs out.

The library was empty so I read quietly. The sun felt good on my face and I looked at my knees. The cuts were begging to heal, too delicate to fix with magic. I pulled my hair out of the messy bun Id put in and closed my eyes.

I touched the neclace my mother gave me. It was a ling thin gold chain. Dumbledore had given it to her in her third year so she could be in two places at once. I was careful not to spin it.

I rested my head against the glass as it began to storm. The rain pattered on the window. It began to thunder.

I saw Scorpius drenched walking toward the school with a determined look on his face. He just walked normaly and let the rain soak him whilst everyone else screamed and scurried for cover.

I closed my eyes again and held on to my neclace. I spaced out for about ten minutes and then I heard the gentle tap of footsteps stop near me.

I opened my eyes and gasped. Scorpius stood a foot away and he looked desperate. Rain trickled down his handsome face and he breathed heavily, his shoulders moving in time.

•••••

Scorpius

It started to rain as I walked toward the school. I wasn't sure where to look for Rose Weasley. She was the one who'd taken it and my mind was set on getting it back. Typical for a Weasley. She mustve thought it was pretty and decided to steal it.

She made it easy. I saw her staring out of the Library window on the fifth floor. She had her head rested on the window. I didn't mind getting soaked by the rain. I made my way silently up to the library, which was empty.

I walked quietly and slowly, she looked so peaceful there, resting. She clutched something around her neck.

She fluttered her eyes open.

"Scorpius?" she asked dumbfounded by my exspression.

"I think you took something...of mine." I managed to get out.

She swallowed and said, "And what if I do?"

I ground my teeth together, I could feel my resolve weakening.

"Listen, Rose." it felt odd saying her name out loud. "That envelope... It's very important that I get it back." I shook thinking of what would happen if I didn't.

"What makes you think have it?" she said crossing her arms then wincing.

"I saw the marks you left in the hut, and a strand of your hair was there." I batted.

She shifted because she knew I was right. When she didn't say anything, I went ahead.

"Rose, please, I need to know where you put it. If you don't give it back... I'll make you I said pulling out my wand. I hated doing this but it need to be done, or else.

"I saw it all. Those Death Eaters... Why were they here? You-know-who died long ago... What's changed?" she whispered.

I shook my head. "I can't tell you." I said honestly.

She got up suddenly and came close to me, our faces inches apart.

"I can't let you ruin the school with them. And I'm not afraid of you." she said and drew her own wand. She took a step back and her eyes betrayed nothing of fear or bluff.

"You are making this difficult, Rose." I said bluntly. I sighed trying to keep myself from doing something bad.

She didn't flinch once.

Suddenly overhead The Headmistresses voice was projected throught out the school.

"Students, please make way to the Quiditch Field at once, there is a Dragon loose. Please leave the castle immeadiatly." she said.

I looked back down to her.

"We'd better go." she said making her way to the exit.

"Im not leaving until you tell me where you put the envelope." I said getting a bit worried.

"Then I guess were stuck here." she said determined.

Then there was a crash.

I'll try to upload more soon!