Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Rose

I walked back up my dorm after Scorpius left me there at the clock tower.

I wasn't sure if I was being stupid giving back that envelope. I still wondered what was in it.

I walked in and caught Lily with one of the Drumstring boys snogging in the deserted common room.

"Oh...kay... I'm sorry I'll go." I said hurriedly and escaped up to my dorm.

Blimey, she doesn't waste any time does she? I though humourlessly.

She hurried up behind me, annoyed.

"You could have knocked, Rose." she said.

"Its the common room I can't knock unless you want me to hit the fat lady on the door." I replied.

"At least Im not spending my time with my face in books." she yelled.

I was taken by suprise. Lily never exploded on me, or even her brothers.

"Im sorry, Rose. I didn't mean it... I was just upset because Hale wanted to put his name in the goblet of fire... And it scared me." she said quietly.

I was still angry at her.

"So you decided to make out with another guy to get over it!?" I said livid.

"Dont yell at me you ninny! Your not better than me! I'll prove it!" she whispered angry now too, and she ran out of the room.

I sat on my bed and held my head in my hands in frustration. Me and Lily had never had one argument. I can't believe she burst out at me.

Well I was a bit to blame too, I realized.

I bit my lip and walked down to the courtyard where the Goblet was being kept.

Numbers of students dropped their names into the Goblet, even the boy Lily was just snogging.

I shook my head.

I looked up and saw Scorpius enter his name too. He walked out like it was no big deal. So I followed him out.

"You put your name into the Goblet of Fire." I whispered once we were alone in the hall.

"Yes I did." he said carefree.

I stared at him like he was nuts, and i'd started to wonder that.

"Do you know what happened last time the Tournament was held here?" I said.

"Yes I am aware, and why do you care so much, Weasley?" he said. "Are you worried for my safety?" he said raising and eyebrow and laughed attractively.

"N-no but why aren't you serious about this?" I said.

"Well there's a small chance that my name will be pulled, and I thought why not." he said and leaned up against the wall, crossing his arms.

"Your an idiot." I said dumbfounded.

"And what happens if it spouts your name? What will you do then." I accused.

He shifted and a brief shot of worry flashed over his eyes, but then he composed himself.

"Everything happens for a reason." he whispered, his face just a hairsbreath away from mine. I could feel his breath on my lips and instinctively I moved foward.

"Malfoy?" Goyle whined impatiently and looked for Scorpius.

Scorpius moved away and joined the troll. I breathed in heavily unaware to what mightve happened if Goyle hadn't interceded.