Chapter 21: I Can't-

Marcus's PoV:

The plan was working well so far. My favorite employee and Oliver White are doing a good job distracting Caspar, who was probably peeing his pants at the opportunity he'll get, while Joe is left all alone for me to have.  I knew he would never come to this pub again in a million years, and with Caspar being stubborn about the whole agent thing I figured why not hit two birds with one stone? I had to go through this all just to lure Joe in; it was hard but so worth it.

Perfect.

As I saw the short brunette start to leave, I immediately asked my favorite employee through a message to go and talk to Caspar. And then, get Oliver to go there and chat with him for hours. He'll never know what hit him. I'll have my Joe back in no time.

I then followed Joe out to the parking lot steadily, my lips forming a smile as my chest clenched with excitement. This was going to be our night, and our night alone. Of course, I had to play the concerned friend role before going for it.

I'm smart like that.

I waited for Joe to enter his car, when I noticed how tired he really was. That sickness was getting to him again, I could tell.

Hmm.

It was the best scenario, me giving Joe the excuse of worrying that he won't make it to his house in one piece while he was in that condition.

I turned the handle open to his car, and slid down, sitting beside him as he kept his eyes closed. 

God, he looked so attractive tonight.

Why did I ever let him go?

"Caspar, is that you?" he groaned tiredly, " What did Oliver tell you? Did you get scouted?"

"I don't know." I smiled, making myself comfortable on the seat.

Joe's blue wonderful eyes shot open while turning his head in shock, " what- what the hell are you doing here? Get out!"

Angry Joe is so sexy.

"No. Joe, you don't look fine. Let me take you home, or at least let me sit with you the whole ride just to make sure you arrive safely. I know about your condition, you know that."

He bit his lip angrily, " Marcus, I swear to god-"

Damn.

"Joe." I said with a huff, " I'm just trying to be nice and work whatever that is wrong with us out. Let me do this."

"I don't trust you and I don't want us to work stuff out, we were never a real thing. Now get out. Seriously, I'm too tired to fight you right now." he hissed, putting his glasses away and pushing his hair back.

"Then don't fight it," I said simply, pushing myself back on the seat and looking ahead, " just start the car. You don't want me to go in there and spill everything to Caspar don't you?"

The brunette hesitated for a moment, before blurting, " you wouldn't. How did you-"

"Oh, Joe. Sweet innocent Joe," I laughed, " I know everything, it's a shame really but I understand why you're hiding it from him. You've always been like that. Now, start the car like a good lad and go before I lose my patience."

Joe glared at me for a moment, thinking and gathering his thoughts probably. He finally reached out and started the car with no other word escaping his mouth. He rubbed his head for a bit, before backing up the car and speeding away from my pub.

The plan is in motion.

The whole ride was silent; Joe didn't even put music on like he usually would. I've rode in his car before when we were friends. He just stared ahead with furrowed eyebrows, huffing out the pain he was feeling every now and then while I murmured it's okay, and just a few more blocks, or do you want me to drive instead.