Chapter 12: A Star Comes to Visit

Joe's Pov:

I sat on the sofa with a huff, Troye sitting beside me after I just let him in. The skinny boy hugged me hello, and immediately questioned the big shoes that rested so messily near the entrance. They clearly belonged to Caspar, who by the way is running late.

Ugh.

Just where in the world is he?

"So, got yourself a boyfriend?" he wiggled his eyebrows, interrupting my thoughts "that's cool. Why didn't you tell me?"

"He's not my boyfriend," I shook my head, "he's - err " I hesitated for a second, earning a teasing smirk from Troye.

"Mhmm, he's what?" Troye murmured, leaning forward and resting his chin on his palm, clearly interested to know the answer.

"He's this annoying thing that has been staying with me for a while now," I blurted, feeling my cheeks heat up,  "A student."

"A STUDENT?" he shouted in shock, making me wince. "But you never let anyone invade your work space here, how come?" he looked at me with his wide blue eyes.

Troye was just that consuming, with his adorable baby-like features, curly brown hair, and rosy lips. No wonder he made it to the industry so quick. He had the looks and the voice. Jack pot, right there. But no, I'm not interested in him. He's just a really good friend of mine.

"True," I sighed, looking away "but I didn't have much of a choice. Zoe was going to take him in if I didn't. I couldn't let that happen."

"Awww, Zoe is just being Zoe, as usual" he purred, twinkling his eyes at me, "I need to pay her a visit before leaving." He mumbled more to himself than me.

"So," I said, changing the subject "how was recording the EP? Did you have fun?"

"Sooooo much fun," he threw his hands in the air excitedly, a grin drawn all over his face, " I think I might sing you some if you want!"

I chuckled, "maybe later."

We continued talking about music, and the new melodies I've come up with for the last month. Troye was so excited that he dragged me from the couch to the piano and asked me to play some. We both sat beside each other, me showing him the music sheets as he nodded his head with a smiley approval. I started playing, Troye swaying beside me and coming up with his own lyrics.

We were so into it that we didn't hear the door to my apartment being opened.

"I'm home Su-" Caspar's voice sang, cutting off midway as I stopped playing. Troye stopped singing too, and we both turned around, seeing Caspar looking at us with a confused face.

"He-hello" he stuttered, rubbing his neck nervously, "oh my god you're Troye Sivan!"

Heh.

Such a  fanboy.

I snorted, shaking my head at him.

"Hi student,"Troye chirped getting up, and walking towards him to shake his hand, "you seem to know me, I'm flattered. Can't wait to hear you sing!"

"Hi," Caspar took his hand with a wide smile, "Nice to meet you Troye. I'm Caspar Lee and oh gosh your music is amazing!"

"Thank you," he grinned at Caspar, and then squinted "your accent though, are you South African?"

"YES," Caspar said, almost jumping in his place from the amount of excitement he was showing, and then lowered his voice, "uh- I mean yes... from Cape Town."

I was seriously going to face palm at that moment.

I told him to behave.

"Its so cool to meet another South African here, I was beginning to feel all alone." Troye then turned to me, "no offence buddy," in which both of them giggled too as I rolled my eyes.