Chapter 7: Shopping At Night

Zoe's PoV:

"Yeah, so see you on Friday then? Okay little bro, bye! Don't forget to bring Caspar along!" I closed the line with a grin. I was so happy that Joe accepted the invitation, he never shows up in parties that often, let alone mingle with friends. Well, my friends. Joe doesn't have many, if ever at all. Its frustrating.

The party is going to be a privet one, so no superstars are allowed. Well, almost. I do have famous ones that are close to me after all.

I turned around and saw Alfie cuddled up on the sofa, "do you think it's a good idea?" he uttered, taking his gaze away from the telly "because you know, we could always un-invite Marcus to this party."

I sighed, and flopped down beside him. We were having a Halloween party after tomorrow, and Alfie being good friends with Marcus, invited him along side his fiancé Nimbob. I loved her so much; she's so sweet and bubbly that she earned that nickname.

But, Alfie had every right to be worried. It was Marcus after all.

And Joe...

I turned to him, as he embraced me in his arms, "Alfie..."

"Hmm? What is it little one?" he muffled, pecking my forehead.

"I think it's going to be okay. Joe is going to be okay, he has to be." I said with a hint of worry in my tone, "I'm not making a mistake, am I?"

"You're just protective over him, worrying is perfectly normal. Hasn't he got a new friend though?" Alfie questioned, squeezing me tightly as a reassurance. I loved it when he did that, it made me feel safe.

"M-hmm, and I have a good feeling about him," I smiled, remembering the friendly tall South African, "his name is Caspar, Caspar Lee."

"Caspar Lee, "mumbled Alfie, "I can't wait to meet him."

"You are going to love him," I giggled, "he has such a great voice."

"I'm sure I will," He looked down at me so lovingly, and kissed me on my nose, "but not as much as I love you."

I smiled warmly, and laid my head on his comfy clothed chest while we continued watching whatever he had put on.

I was still worried, but I had to make him see.

I had to snatch him out of that darkness, and make him move on.

Joe's PoV:

I closed the line with a sigh, and slipped the phone to my sweats' pocket before going to the fridge and pulling out a bottle of water. I felt dehydrated all of a sudden, talking on the phone and being forced to attend a party is really draining. Well, I wasn't practically forced as much as I was sweet talked into it. Zoe is scary like that.

I don't like parties. Halloween is really stupid. And on top of that, Zoe wants me to bring the Giraffe along. I can barely take care of myself, looking after him is hard work.

Speaking of him, it's been two weeks now since Caspar had moved in with me. He's currently at work, while I stayed home and worked on some music myself. Nothing had changed; he's still annoying but a great singer. I wish he would just stop breaking the rules by being too...touchy. He displays affection way to often without realizing it, and it pisses me off.

My phone buzzed once again, as I planted my bum on the piano chair and spilled water all over me.

"Oh for god's sake!" I cursed under my breath, getting up quickly. I walked to my room and took off my sweats, staying only in my yellow t-shirt and boxers. I was too lazy to open my dresser and look for another one to put on. Instead, I took out my phone and walked out, glancing at the message that just reached me.