Chapter 11

(2 weeks later)

I sat in Jack's armchair where I smiled, remembering the day, 3 weeks ago when I fell asleep in it. Except this time I was curled up in Jack's arms.

I woke up, and realized I had just fallen asleep. I kept my head on his chest for a while longer, feeling it move up and down under my cheek. I tugged on the bottom of his shirt and watched him sleepily open his eyes. He rubbed them and saw me sitting on his lap. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me back towards him and as much as I wanted to fall back asleep, I got back up.

"I know it's a Saturday but we have to do something today, remember? We're going back to London for the weekend! I'm going to meet your family and you're going to meet mine! You still want to do it, right?"

He groaned. "Can't we do that next weekend?" He jumped from the chair to his bed with his eyes still closed.

I rolled my eyes and got to the sink, grabbing a cup, turning the water to ice cold and starting to fill it up.

As soon as he heard the sound of the running water, Jack bolted straight out of bed like a rocket. I smiled. That one always works. "I'm up, I'm up, goodness, you're like a military sergeant!"

"See you in 20? I have to get ready."

I gave him a quick kiss on the cheek but he stopped me before I could leave. "Why do you need to get ready? You're all dressed up and you have your things."

"All my makeup came off though, I need to reapply it and change into a pair of heels and grab a jacket, it's gotten chilly."

"But you don't need any makeup. You're beautiful." He brushed a strand of my red hair out of my face.

"Very funny, Jack." I planted a kiss on his lips this time. "Now can you let me go?"

"Maybe."

When I got back into my room, I flipped open my phone and the whole screen was spammed with texts.

Zoe: when are you and jack coming to London? I'd always known you fancied him! Can't w8 2 see you again

Aliza: I can't believe ur dating THE Jack Harries. Ahhhhhhh if u meet Marcus, I better b on video chat 2 give him a digital hug!!

Cara: thanks a million for Dan's authentic signature!!!! When r u coming back? We miss you. Guess what? I just met the cutest boy at uni. I think he fancies me!!

Allegra: Zoe told me you're coming to London. We should meet up and go shopping. i dont get to do much of it with my job and dan(who is the most amazing boyfriend in the whole world). please come to bbc radio, I'd love 2 c u again!

Mum: how's my baby girl? There's no boys right? Just schoolwork. Oh god, tell me there's no boys. How's classes, and your internship? I better get a call next time, not just a bloody text message.

Alex: heard you're coming. Wait til you've seen your room. I turned it into Monstertruck's destruction course. He loves that purple throw pillow. its been shredded to pieces now. Bye, arsehole.

I smiled at that last one. I had always dreaded the day when Alex got a phone. And I never got tired of hearing about Monstertruck, the bulldog that he begged for for his 13th birthday. I still think Dad picked it off the streets.

I put my phone aside and got to picking my outfit for London. I chose a cute white, lacy dress and a pair of matching flats, better to be guaranteed not to trip and go flying this time.

I reapplied my makeup, and took a few extra minutes to review my notes. Mid exams were coming up and I was slowly slipping behind the rest of the class. The internship, which met at Queen's Hospital every Teusday was filling up a large portion of my week. I thought it was going to be educational and hands-on, but in reality, it was 40% doing things I wanted like watching the surgeries and talking to patients and then 60% filling out the boss's paperwork.

Then there was Jacksgap, my promise to stay out of it had utterly failed. Jack uploaded a new video twice a week, and met up with the youtubers on FaceTime and Skype. He's already collaborated with Alfie from Pointlessblog, Caspar Lee, Sam Pepper and daily chats with Finn every night, of course. I've been in one more video since the first but I mostly act as the assistant.

My favorites to see were Jack and Finn's travels across the world, to Sri Lanka, South Africa, Ibiza, helping needy children and charity funds. It always put a smile on my face and it made it a hundred times better thinking "That's my boyfriend."

I was honestly scared to death about Mum and dad's reaction to Jack. Would they like him? Would they hate him? Introducing boyfriends to parents was not my cup of tea.

I finally shook off all the nervous thoughts and went to meet Jack at his car. He looked so fit in a cable knit jumper and jeans.

"Ready?"

"Ready as I'll ever be." I sighed.

I got into Jack's car that now seemed so familiar and leaned back in my seat. I was both excited and a bit anxious to come home for the first time since school started. I put the top up, leaned my head on Jack's shoulder and watched the road to London.

A/N: Does everyone like? Have any suggestions about what should happen? I'm kinda in a writer's block.