Chapter 9

I saved the essay and started to get up to go to second class. A knock on the door nearly made me jump out of my chair.

" Who is it?!" I yelled.

"It's Jack, Scar."

I pressed my head to the door. Just when I forget my trouble, it finds me.

"What do you want? Just go away."

I was near tears from just talking to him. I couldn't have someone playing games with me right now.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry for what I said earlier. Kissing you wasn't a mistake. To be honest, I kind of want to do it again." He said through the closed door.

Did I hear right? Did he just say he wants to kiss me again? I still didn't open the door.

"Why are you doing this, Jack? What kind of personal gain are you getting from this?" This time I opened the door. I let him watch the tear drip down from my eyelash. He lifted his arm to wipe it away but I held up my hand to my face to stop him.

"I'm doing this because I'm trying to fix something that I did wrong. Don't you get how hard this is for me?"

"What? What's so hard for you? Why can't you jus-"

But I never got to finish because Jack Harries's lips were suddenly smack on mine again. I squeezed my eyes shut and tried to mirror the movements of his mouth. I melted right into him all over and heard the slam of the door as he closed it with one hand while keeping the other on my neck. I forgot the whole conversation that had just happened. It was as if he just came in and started snogging me.

I could feel his fingers on my spine and moving closer to my bra strap. I stopped and pushed him back before things could get out of control.

We were both breathing heavily, with my icy blue eyes locked on his soft green-brown ones.

"So do you forgive me, Scarlett?"

"I think so. Just give me a warning next time, okay?" I leaned on the side of the desk for support. I think I just went a full minute without taking a breath.

He left the room, as if stating that his goal was accomplished. I still had a pretty tough time processing what has just happened.

At this point, I didn't know what Jack and I were. But we certainly weren't 'just friends' anymore. Nor were we dating. I couldn't even believe he had done that. I didn't even know whether it was violating or whether I liked it. As a girl, I never thought a boy would ever want to kiss me, but here just was the hottest boy I'd seen in my life, kissing me like it was the last time he'd get to put his lips on anyone.

But what about my internship? If I kept letting Jack distract me, how would I be able to balance a relationship, my future and my schoolwork all at the same time?

That's just it, I wouldn't be able to. I had a new goal. No matter how tempting it was, I couldn't let Jack Harries get any closer, if he tried to kiss me I would pull away. If he called, I would press ignore. If he texted, I wouldn't answer back. But I couldn't just leave him hanging. I decided that I had to tell him. I hoped he would understand, but then again there was that part of me that wished he wouldn't listen, and just grab me and kiss me instead. I knew I was making the right decision with this, but it felt so wrong.

I picked up my bag and headed for my next 3 classes of the day. My mind was all over the place and I couldn't stop thinking about what I was going to say to him. 'Sorry, but you have to stay away from me?'

'You're pretty much the hottest boy I've ever met but please don't talk to me again?'

My head throbbed from thinking and I couldn't focus on a thing Mrs.Crafting was saying. At one point she stopped class and everyone was staring at me for the second time that day. "Miss.Maudshire? That fever again, is it? Just go to your room and I'll give you a pass for next class, alright?"

I nodded my head and took the pass, with a quick thank you. Now I had an extra 2 hours more of mulling over my problems. Great.