Chapter 10

I used my map to find the Drama and theatre departments so I could get to Jack when he came out of his class. Better to get it over with sooner. The Godney Theatre was so intricate and vintage-looking with red velvety seats and a golden rimmed circular stage. The ceiling was dotted with lights and it was so hard not to get caught up in the beauty of it all.

Jack was up onstage performing a romantic scene with a gorgeous girl. She had straight brown hair and I was immediately jealous. She was acting like she was insanely in love with the guy that I was trying to get over! This was definitely not helping. 

I crouched down behind the last row of seats and kept my eyes on the stage. It was hard to hear what the actors were saying without mics but I couldn't help but die a little inside when Jack flawlessly and gently tilted his head and set his lips on the girl's mouth. I wished he had kissed me like that instead of so aggressively and urgently.

My hands shook and it took every nerve in my body not to get up and pull the two apart. They're acting, I reminded myself. Then again, why the hell did I care? Jack wasn't my bloody boyfriend!! I just wish I could say I didn't want him to be.

When they stopped, they looked away from each other awkwardly. I guess I could look at it from the actress's side and see it wasn't so easy to have a whole romance staged like that. The director rose from her seat and clapped. "Excellent, excellent. You two truly capture the essence of Hermia and Lysander. Beautiful, beautiful! Oh the kiss, so passionate, so raw and real! I love it! Lovely work! Take 5 everyone? Jack, may I see you for a moment?" The actors cleared the stage.

Raw and passionate, my ass. She should've seen us together. Then again, maybe she shouldn't.

I watched the teacher talk to Jack, I couldn't hear the words of course, but I could see Jack's emotions. I watched his face light up into a dazzling smile, and then suddenly and abruptly turn into an understanding and almost upset-looking frown. What was the director saying to him?

I had no idea and I was almost too stunned to move out and exit from another door, before Jack saw me. I sprinted around the theatre and to the main entrance, positioning myself to look like I had just got there. The frown was still on Jacks face and it almost made me want to cry, seeing him so sad. I didn't even have the guts to do what I came here for anymore.

"Hey, whats wrong? How was class ... or rehearsal was it?" My voice got really high while lying. I pretended I didn't know that he was just kissing a girl for a scene in 'A Midsummer Nights Dream'.

He turned his sad, sunken eyes towards me and I wanted to hug him so bad but ended up just hanging my hands and my hips.  

"What is it, Jack?" I tentatively reached my hand to his arm and he just let me. I tried not to pay attention to how muscular his bicep was.  

"It's Ms. Ashcroft. I was just offered to be a part of the Bristol University Student Showcase. Dozens of talent scouts are going to be there." He said this as if it were a bad thing. 

"Jack, that's incredible! You should be proud of yourself!"

"It's not like that. Ashcroft looked up my name to see if I had any past credits. She found Jacksgap. She said that if I wanted to be in the showcase, I had to give up my channel, as in take it down. If any major talent scout were to look up my name, they would find it too. She said its endangering any future I could have in Drama. She said it was just a small childish thing that was fun but should be put away. Now I have to choose between 2 brilliant dreams that have both been an adventure. This is the most that I've been stuck in my entire life."

This time I could see that he was near tears. I embraced him, standing on my tip toes and burying my head in his nook of his shoulder. I felt his hand around my waist at the bottom of my spine and the heat of his cheek on my shoulder blade. It was a bit more than friend like.

He pushed back on my hips with his hands and shoved them in his pockets. He tried to regain his cheeky bright smile and said "Listen, Scarlett, you're going to help me with something."

"And what is that, Mr.Harries?" I smirked.

"You're going to help me with Jacksgap. We're going to do a blog every week and video chat with all the YouTube community so you can get to know everyone better. I don't care what Ashcroft or any of those talent scouts say about me. We're going to do it... just you and me. And the occasional Youtuber joining in via FaceTime, of course."

"I'm flattered, but what are you going to introduce me as? Oh and what if you get caught, is the bigger question here. No more showcase, no more play, and what about that girl that you seemed to be getting all cozy with up there?" I was teasing him at first, bit then I realized what I had just given away. My hands flew to my mouth and Jack's eyes got wide.

"Scarlett!! Were you spying on my rehearsal?" He grabbed my wrist, teasing me back in a friendly way.

"Ummm, no. I was... casually observing."

"Well then. Since you're so intent on making sure that I won't be snogging any other girls, I'll guess I'll have to introduce you as my girlfriend."

I was stunned for a moment. I couldn't figure out if he was serious or being sarcastic. "Wait, what?"

He laughed. But he didn't say anything. Just looked into my ocean blue eyes and kept them glued on me. I didn't say anything either.

A/N: This might sound weird but I picture Ms. Ashcroft as the drama teacher from High School Musical. Oh, childhood. I'm so excited because this is like the turning point chapter for Scarlett & Jack. Go ahead and try to come up with a ship name for them, I was unsucessful in that! If you're wondering why I'm not going to write from Jack's perspective, its because I have no clue what goes on in a boy's brain. I'm kinda scared to know how Jack thinks. Its honestly a scary thought for me.