Chapter 7: Alone

With the drama club practice, Jae and Yunho find themselves in a sticky situation...

(A/N: OMG! It's been like forever! I've been busy with school, [the perks of being a teacher :D]and though it sounds like a lousy excuse, that's all that I can give y'all! So here goes our very lovely YunJae! And if you all could be little dearies, it would mean so much if you rate and comment! Kya!!!!)

~Jae

Classes were all a blur; a hazy surreal blur. By the end of his first month in school, Jae managed to become invisible during the most part of the days, only 'participating' when called on, or mostly got attention when he got those weird glances people gave him every time he walked by. He never knew why they did it, but kind of thought that it was of his canteen fiasco with Yunho. Ever since then, he'd felt like he was the social pariah, the anathema, whom everyone talked about but apparently avoided to talk with. Aside from his usual lunch with his best friend, the closest thing to a social life he had was on the afternoons when he had it; Drama club.

Basically, the friends he had were the people that he got to work with as the club's costume design director for the school's rendition of The Kiss of the Tarantula. There was Taeyeon, the petite, chinky-eyed, brown haired, bespectacled junior, head of music and accompaniment; HeeChul, the tall, narcissistic, pale-skinned brunette boy, head of stage design; Ms. Boa, his drama teacher and the director of the play; and though he seldom had the chance to interact with the students who were on the stage, by face and name he knew most of the actors, including Goo Ara, the female lead.

And then there was male lead, Yunho. Jung Yunho.

Under the circumstances, Jae wouldn't be too bothered with the social treatment given him, but there was something irking about the way Yunho was around him.

The day he came for the first time for drama club, Jae noticed the hostility that emanated from Yunho's presence when Ms. Boa announced his joining of the club. Ever since that day in the canteen, they both have been very awkward around each other. And although Jae tried his best to rekindle that special bond he formed with him on the first few hours of class, Jae felt that Yunho was avoiding him, and he didn't have the slightest clue why he suddenly turned into a cold, snobby guy who always avoided him, not just in drama club, but in almost all circumstances.

"Shi..itake mushrooms!" Jae exclaimed as he threw his sketch to the rubbish during Monday afternoon, four weeks away from the performance night.

"What's wrong Jae?" Taeyeon asked, as she tuned the guitars that were needed for the practice, her voice coming off squeaky yet loud in the big yet still empty practice room.

"I just don't get it!" Jae pouted as he rubbed his fingers to his temples.

"What's the matter?" Taeyeon asked, looking at him, brown eyes laced with concern.

"Tae, I don't get how to do this!" Jae pointed to his sketches for Yunho's costume.

"Still on Yunho, huh?" Tae snorted

"I've been on HIM for weeks!" Jae complained

"Who's on who for weeks?" Heechul's voice shot, an octave higher than normal when he entered the room. "My, my, Jae, you dirty boy" He chuckled as he went to Jae and Taeyeon on the stage, making Jae blush scarlet. With a span of a few weeks, Jae was able to open up to the Heechul and Taeyeon that he even told them about his troubles with Yunho.

"I meant his costume!" Jae flushed, pouting as he did so.

"Okay, okay, costume. Yeah, sure..." Heechul waved, clearly amazed with Jae's blushing.