Chapter 2: Boy

Disoriented and anxious of the new environment he was thrown in, Jae makes his way to the school ALONE after having a fight with Junsu. But it seems fate deemed it necessary for Jae to be with someone in the surreal blur of the trip on the school bus...

(A/N: Pic is Jung Yunho as himself! I don't own the pic! :D)

——————————————————————————————————————————————————

~Jae

I am so DEAD, Jae thought as he stepped inside the school bus. Ever since, Jae has been paranoid about being around a new environment but each time he was thrown into such predicament, he had his best friend Junsu around to make everything else bearable. Whatever it is that I said to Junsu, I should really make amends, it's hard enough to be new, let alone being ALONE, Jae thought to himself as he waited for the school service at the bus stop. Whatever did I say wrong to my Junsu? Jae thought just as the bus' doors flew wide open. When he got in, every single eye pierced to Jae's direction. I hate being the new kid, Jae said to himself as he walked past the aisle of corneas following him.

Who is that? Jae heard someone whisper as he settled to the back most seat to avoid the immense attention he was getting. Jae sat in the corner to be able to avoid the stares and occasional glances to be able to come up with a make-up plan with his friend Junsu. "What could have set papa Junsu off?" Jae whispered to himself and pouted.

For the next 20 minutes or so, Jae sat silently thinking, head on the floor, about his friend when suddenly the bus came to a halt. The doors swung open and suddenly, the pristine silence that governed the bus was disrupted when a frenzy of loud whispers exhausted from the girls in the front rows.

"Good morning oppa!" he heard the girls whimsically call out to the person who just got in. Giggles then erupted from the noisy women. Jae looked up and saw the boy that just got in; he was a marvel to look at. His uniform made it clear that he was athletic as it made him looke like a gorgeous model out of a magazine cover. What caught Jae off guard was the amazing pair of eyes that changed softened as they made eye contact. His eyes were a night shade of black and were pretty lovely to look at. Dang, Jae exclaimed softly. He looked at the floor guiltily when he realized he was staring at the guy longer than necessary. The whispers now grew louder as Jae heard footsteps nearing his direction. Still looking at the bus' floor, Jae felt the seat cushion pop as the seat on his left was occupied by this frenzy-inducing person. Jae then turned and faced the new comer and was caught off guard once again by the sight. Jae saw a handsome boy that was closing his eyes, and it seemed he was thinking deep about something.

Within the next 30 seconds, Jae found himself gaping at the perfection that sat beside him. "So...handsome..." Jae softly whispered.

"Excuse me?" said the boy who's eyes now locked into Jae's, seemingly examining the unsolicited remark that was supposed to be unheard.

Jae caught himself and turned his head to the window beside him as the bus started moving again. "Nothing" Jae managed to finally choke when he realized the boy was still expecting a response. "It's nothing" he said as confidently and nonchalantly as he could to hide his shame, but his face betrayed his poker face as he felt it grow hot and red.

"If it's nothing, there's no need to blush you know." the boy replied as he went back to his original position, smirking at the thought of Jae's failed experiment on spying.