Chapter 12: Rekindle

(A/N: I'm back! Here's the new chapter! Hope you enjoy! And please vote! #alwayskeepthefaith #cassies)

——————————————————————————————————————————

~Yunho

WTF? Yunho admonishes himself. I mean, what the actual f**k? Yunho mentally scolds himself as he returns to the room. He has been nervous ever since Jaejoong agreed to actually sleep over the night. Sure he smiled when the other boy said yes, but after returning to the room and seeing Jaejoong on his bed, Yunho could not stop being jittery all of a sudden.

"So..." Yunho says as he sits on the bed, handing Jaejoong the extra sheets. "Uhm... Sleep well, I guess." He says as he tucks in the bed and swivels so he faces away from the other boy.

"Uhm...O...Okay... Good night, Yunho..." Jae responds, almost whispering...

And then silence.... Awkward silence...

The two boys tuck in for the night, facing away from each other. But try as Yunho might, he could hear his heart beating fast, his senses totally aware of Jaejoong on the other side of the bed.

"Are you awake?" Jaejoong tries to break the awkwardness and Yunho mentally thanks Jaejoong for doing it.

"Yeah. I'm kinda not sleepy, I guess" Yunho sits up and faces Jaejoong.

"We better do something productive..." Jaejoong sits up and faces Yunho. "I mean I am quite tired but my mind is still racing"

Yunho mulls it over and it took him almost instantly. Hesitant, he suggests, " How about we practice some lines? I mean, if you want to I guess..." He trails off, and suddenly he could feel himself blushing. WTF Yunho! Whaddup with you?

"It's okay I guess... Where do you want to take it?" Jae asks pensively. He doesn't know why, but Yunho blushed even more than he was, a shade redder than he already was.

"Uhm... What?" Yunho asks

"Oh my gosh. No. I mean, which scene should we practice..." Jae responds, turning scarlet as he looks away, scratching the back of his neck.

Yunho felt like a fool and laughed. Jae joined in and all the tension was lifted.

"Okay, let's take scene 5 then" Yunho says, as they drift off to their practice.

~Jaejoong

After 2 hours of their line practice on Yunho's bed, Jae felt more exhilarated more than ever. He enjoyed how much this exchange of lines. It was as if all the other weeks of bickering went away and Yunho suddenly transformed into a much happier, less grumpy version of himself and Jae loved it. Jae was enjoying how carefree this Yunho was, laughing and giggling at their mishaps with their lines, making constructive criticisms, moving his hands over Jae's. Conscious or not, this touchy Yunho made Jae feel giddy, and in turn made him sweat more.

"So..." Yunho said when they both decided to take a break. "That was good right?" He asks Jae bobbing his eyebrows up and down suggestively. This version of Yunho was so adorable it made Jae laugh.

"You're such a weirdo!" He jokes as he fake slaps Yunho with a pillow. "But I like this better.." Jae adds with a whisper as he lays back to bed, completely exhausted but happy.

"Oh.. Thanks... About that..." Yunho starts stammering.

"No, it's okay. I think I understand" Jae lies. He really didn't get why Yunho treated him so differently from when they first meet but Jae didn't want to change this easier, more relatable flow of interaction between them.

"No. I totally need to apologize." Yunho held Jae's hand, all serious now. " I was a total tool bag and I want to apologize"

"It's okay." Jae looked up. From his view, he could see the contours of Yunho's face so clearly. He was just so serious it suddenly made Jae laugh.

"What?" Smiling, Yunho withdrew his hand to scratch his head.

"Nothing." Jae laughed. "I just hope you don't go back to being a tool bag" Jae air quoted.

"Haha! And you say I'm weird" Yunho giggled as he lay back to bed, so that both of them were now looking at the ceiling. "I promise, I'd stay like this." Yunho says, and yawns. It was clear that both were now tired, but with their rekindled friendship, both seemed reluctant to go to sleep.

"I'd love that." Jae says sleepily. Jae was so happy but his eyes started closing....

"I love..." Jae hears Yunho start as soon as he drifted off to sleep....

~Yunho

"I love..." Yunho turns to see that Jae was now sleeping. For the first time, Yunho was so near that he could actually see Jae's full face clearly. The way his nose was set, the fullness of his brows and the creases just near his eyes, and then there were his lips. His lips were so soft and pink and the way it was set now that Jae was asleep made Yunho more curious. He moved closer and locked his lips ever so gently to the now sleeping Jae.

"I love this..." He says as he looks at Jae's sleeping face.

Looking at Jae's face made Yunho's resolve firm. He was certain now; Even if they just became friends again hours ago, he liked Jae more than a friend.

Now what? Yunho asked himself as he again looked at Jae's face before falling into a dream that was filled with images of Jae,.

[A/N: There! Please look forward to what happens next! I know it's shorter than usual but yeah. I know. I will really finish this this month! I promise! Pls show your support by commenting and voting! Thanks and #alwayskeepthefaith]