Chapter 8: Trouble

Trying to forget Yunho's weird outburst, Jae tries to work hard for the upcoming play. All comes well... or so he thought...

(A/N: Oh my! Imma upload like crazy, trying to finish as much as possible before I get preoccupied again. Sorry for the wait, but here goes! Please comment, fan, vote and please spread it. I really want your opinions! I really want to improve as a writer! Thanks! Love Yah all! )

~Yunho

Walking out of the practice room, Yunho walked to the adjacent comfort room, fury hot on his wake. Grudgingly, he locked the door and assessed himself, doing an emotion check. He didn't want to practice drama with that strong pulsating fits of fury. Only, he wasn't sure why he was feeling it or to whom he was feeling that for. Yunho paced and walked to the mirror, looking at his reflection. He realized this was because of Jae, but why, he didn't understand. He decided to really avoid the kid, but then remembered that it seemed futile.

When Yunho said and convinced himself that he'd try to get away from Jae, intending to rid himself of the apparent distraction the skinny boy gave Yunho and since Jae seemed to be too friendly with that Junsu, he didn't realize how hard it was going to be.

Every day, 15 minutes before the first period bell rang; he'd see Jae walk about into the gate, exchanging animated chats with that Junsu. He didn't understand why but he felt this anger swell up whenever he saw both of them enter school. It must be Junsu. He just hated Junsu. Didn't he? Of course he did!

Then there was third period, when he travelled in the hallways, spotting Jae walk awkwardly across the sea of students making their way. They'd always meet eyes, but Yunho would always look away first, averting his eyes from the expectant yet confused eyes that were Jae's. He felt weird when Jae looked at him like that. What the heck?

And then there was lunch, when he'd see Jae with Junsu again, with an animated and happy disposition that Yunho noticed only surfaced when Junsu was around. He hated those moments when Junsu'd laugh at Jae's childish precariousness, at Jae's pouting.

And then, there were the after school activities: Drama club.

What was more confusing was that now with no Junsu around, Yunho still found himself vicariously looking at Jae, observing him in the distance, and even with his efforts of non-contact, still felt weird mixes of warmth and anger just by looking at the other boy. What the hell was wrong with this kid?

"What the hedge is wrong with you, Yunho Jung!" Yunho exclaimed, slamming his fist right at his reflections, causing it, along with his knuckles to a groan in a painful crack. "Get a hold of yourself" He said, continuing his monologue. "You will play this role very impressively and show that Professor Lee that you are something. Now snap out of it" He said, pointing to his reflection with a serious look on his face. As soon as he started the voices of his fellow drama club members floating outside, and as soon as he felt himself calm down, Yunho washed his face and his now bleeding knuckles and decided to enter the practice hall again.

"Ok Yunho, you can do this. Don't get distracted" He whispered to himself as he opened the door to look at the room, bustling with all the other members of the club, along with the three that he knew so well had lingered in the room even earlier than everyone else. "You can do this" He continued whispering, as he walked the aisles. "And whatever you do, Yunho Jung, don't look at Jae"

~Jae

Driven to continue as if nothing, not even that strange exchange between him and Yunho, happened, Jae trudged on with his life. He continued on with school and drama club that as three months passed, Jae almost didn't notice Yunho at all anymore. Almost...