Chapter 1: Friend

After a rough night, Jae wakes up feeling almost light headed and queasy, but then realize he is half naked and is not alone....

(A/N: pic on the right is Kim Jaejoong as himself. I don't own the pic though :D)

"No! Please, help me!" Jae shouted, fighting the frightful yet hazy image of a man flooded his brain. "Please don't..."

"No....No!" Jae shrieked as he woke up from the nightmare. With cold sweat dripping from his body, Jae felt his body shiver along with the loud roar of thunder that the storm clouds from outside his windows.

"There, there Joongie, I'm here. No one's going to hurt you", Jae heard Junsu say aloud as he closed the door and comforted him. "Calm down now" Jae's best friend said as he tightened his grip to the other. Jae continued to cry as he was in Junsu's arms but somehow, Jae started to feel safe again. Amidst the new memory that clawed its way to Jae's conscious mind, Jae felt comforted by his friend's hug.

Ever since the mauling incident which he had no memory of, Jae always had Junsu to be with. Jae felt awfully thankful for the many years his best friend stayed and bore every pain that the Selective Amnesia had brought him. His doctors confessed that only time could tell when Jae's memories will reveal itself to him again. But after 10 years, why did the memories only start to appear again now? Why now? Jae asked himself. "There now, Joongie-ah" Jae heard Junsu's muffled voice. With Junsu's rhythmic breathing, Jae could feel his own slowing down and his eyes feeling heavy as he listened to Junsu's sweet lullaby and slowly slipped back to dreamland.

Once again, Jae awoke, but this time, it was the invigorating sun rays that pulled him back to reality. Jae felt energized by the light that crept into his bedroom. Wow! This day already starts to feel promising! Jae thought as he hugged the fragrant pillow beside him, the pillow that felt so warm as he tightened his hug. What a comforting PILLOW... or so he thought.

"Ouch!" Jae heard someone yelp beside him. Jae opened his eyes and was shocked to see his best friend Junsu lying half naked beside him. "You're awake!" Junsu said as he sat himself up.

"Junsu, what brings your sexy body here in my bed at this time of the day?" Jae said, throwing himself to his best friend who, thereafter, was pushed back to bed. "Oh! I'm half naked too! What did we do, Junsu?" Jae said jokingly to his friend.

"Nothing! We did nothing unusual!" Junsu blurted as he blushed. "Don't you remember? You had a nightmare and as always, I came to comfort you Joongie." Junsu explained as he jumped out of bed.

"But that still doesn't cover the us-waking-up-half-naked part..." Jae teasingly suggested as he stood up.

"You were sweating too much so I got your shirt off. I sweat too much from helping you so I took mine off while you were sleeping." Junsu said as he made his way to the bathroom. "We really should be going now, you know?" Junsu yelled as he turned the shower on. "You do remember that today is the first day of classes, don't you?" Junsu paused.

"Oh my!" Jae exclaimed as he hurriedly head to the sink to brush his teeth

"I guess not..." Junsu chuckled as he soaped. The two stormed as they got ready for school.

After 5 minutes, Junsu finished up as Jae got into the bathroom. Junsu sat on his friend's bed and called out, "You want to tell me something?"

"What? No, nothing really. Don't worry it was just a dream" Jae said trying to conceal the tension that he felt by the sudden subject of the conversation

"Jae, I've been with you on this selective amnesia for 10 years now. I know what things should be talked about and what should be forgotten by now, you know." Junsu snorted, trying to convince his friend to talk about what his best friend was so scared of previous hours before. "Jae, all I'm saying is that, you should tell me what all that was about. I'm your best friend, after all" Junsu added

"Junsu, I really appreciate it, but really, it was nothing." Jae lied. He did not want to worry his friend more than Junsu already was. "Really Junsu, it's nothing. It's not like you're..."

"So this is what this is about? Is it? You think I can't help because I'm not that guy?!" Junsu exclaimed, cutting Jae off.

Jae sighed silently. The only memory, apart from the new one that came a few hours ago, that Jae had about the incident 10 years ago was of a guy who kissed him and carried him to the door of the town clinic. Jae remembered how that guy's lips felt against his cold forehead, but could not make anything out of his appearance.

"Really Jae?! Then, you rely on that guy. You seem to appreciate him more than me!" Junsu flared. He stood up and dashed to the door.

"But Junsu, that's not it!" Jae called out as he wrapped his wet body with the bath towels

"Spare me from your excuses Jae, I don't want to hear it" Junsu said as he grabbed the doorknob. "And honestly, you are taking too long, I'm going on ahead" Junsu said as he slammed the door.

What's up with him? Jae thought to himself as he stepped out of the bathroom.