Epilogue

Six Months Later …..

The past six months were the hardest days of Anna’s life, the loss of a misguided friend and the loss of the man she thought she would spent the rest of her life with watching the many majestic sunsets and sunrise, “dad?” Anna yelled from the living room of her father’s apartment with her feet resting on the table comfortably, “yes Anna Marie?” Mr Roman drawled wiping his hand on the dish cloth, “I’m hungry dad,” Anna replied sweetly pouting her lips.

“Yes you highness,” Mr Roman replied with a mocked bow, “what will it be today?”

Pressing her finger to her lips, Anna tapping them lightly in thought, “ummm, how about streak?” She voiced with a mischievous grin, “Ha ha ha, Mac & cheese it is,” Mr Roman replied with a smile running his hand over his face as a knock sounded at the door, “why me?” he muttered playfully tossing the rag on the sofa, “because you love me daddy!”

“Yeah, yeah, I’m reconsidering,” He yelled over his shoulder as he pulled the door open, “what the hell?” he whispered nervously searching the empty hallway with the exception  of the 2 dozen roses at his feet, “Anna are we expecting a flower delivery?” Mr Roman shouted while he scooped up the bouquet in his arms searching for the card attached, “it’s says Anna,” he replied handing her the card and roses that she pressed softly to her nose and inhaled.

“Mmm,” Anna murmured with the clear as day flashes of Leonardo’s face when he admitted to have left her the roses in her office, “beautiful,” Anna whispered with tears heavy in her dull green eyes clutching the note tightly to her chest, “be strong Anna,” she urged herself wiping away the tears that felt to her lap.

“Ahh,” Anna exhaled pulling the note from the envelope with a familiar scent filling her nose, “Leo,” she whispered softly burying her nose on the card before she read the simple words, “beautiful, selfless and brave,” Anna read puzzled as she turned over the card searching for a name that she didn’t find, “Dad?”

“Yes Anna?”

“Did you see who brought the bouquet?” Anna questioned entering the kitchen as her father handed her a vase filled with water, “no angel, just the beautiful flowers.”

“Oh,” Anna replied walking to her room admiring the most flawless roses she had ever seen.

Knock

Knock

“Dad? Get the door!”

“Don’t I always?” Mr Roman replied with a teasing smile as he opened the door to find a green, gold and black flag and a picture of Anna on vacation, “what the hell is going on?” He questioned scratching the back of his head in confusion, “Anna, dear is there anything you wanna tell me?” Mr Roman asked entering the kitchen, “Anna?”

“In here dad,” Anna replied from her room strongly lit by the orange hue of the beautiful sunset she watched from her window with Leonardo’s picture pressed close to her heart, “it’s one of those day huh?” Her dad voiced with his eyes swimming with worry and heartbreak for his beautiful daughter that deserved more than life gave her, “yeah it is,” Anna drawled in a whispered that barely left her quivering lips, “I miss him so much daddy.”