Chapter ~ Twenty- Four

●════════●♥●════════●●════════●♥●════════●

Chapter Twenty- Four

Ring

“Grey have you located Mrs Reaps? Michael demanded pulling his jeans up over his muscular legs, “well answer me, you prick!”

Humming carelessly, Grey nodded his head at the faint music of Roma’s muffled screams from the trunk, “hello to you too boss,” Grey replied amusingly checking his face in the mirror, “yes my Lord, your wrench is here,” Grey added in a poor British accent, “let me talk to her,” Michael snarled slamming his fist into the wall, “now Grey .”

Sucking his teeth in annoyance, Grey braked the car forcefully and flung the door open, “just a minute,” he roared pounding maliciously on the trunk railing up Roma’s bitter fear, “stop it, you pig!” she screamed.

“Shut up you hag,” Grey snickered popping the trunk open, “you have a call,” he voiced waving the phone in his hand, “your true love wants a word.”

Grabbing Roma’s legs, he lifted her bound feet out of the trunk leaving them to dangle while her back pressed painfully against the junk on the trunk’s floor, “f*ck you!” she sneered eyeing the phone nastily, “don’t you wish,” Grey roared pressing the phone to her ear, “speak!”

“Hello darling,” Michael’s voice rumbled over the speaker sending deadly shivers over Roma’s sweating body, “Roma, I can hear you f*cking breathing, now answer.me you Delilah,” Michael shouted with venom and spite.

“Hello M-michael,” Roma stuttered trying to calm her frizzled nerves, “now that’s better honey,” Michael voiced mockingly, “can’t wait to see you.”

Breathing heavily, Roma’s chest rose and fell rapidly as the large tear drops cascaded down her pale face, “I’m so sorry Michael, please forgive me, I can be better, please, I will be better, we can be a family again,” Roma pleaded while Grey slapped his knee and laughed at the woman’s poor attempt at saving her wretched life, “Awww I’ll accept your Oscar on your behalf,” Grey teased wiping tears that ran from his eyes, “such a f*cking actress,” he muttered under his breath as he looked up to the dark skies.

“Shut the f*ck up Roma,” Michael snarled smashing the expensive vases in his path while he walked to the door, “listen to me and listen good you disease, you loss whatever it is you thought we had when you let that boy touch you,” he roared kicking the table in rage, “wife?” he laughed darkly, “ I buried one before and you’re no different – consider this out divorce Miss Perry,” Michael whispered viciously brushing the dusk from his shoulder, “see you soon honey, we have a great romantic night ahead of us, I’m sure you’ll scream in delight,” Michael snarled disconnecting the call with anger clouding his senses.

Crumbling under the pressure that built in her chest, Roma cried and cried in vain trying desperately to release some of the sadness within her beating heart, “Michael please,” she pleaded in a broken whisper, “I’m pregnant.”

Grasping for air, Roma closed her eyes tightly and dwelled on the fact that at least she tried to make amends for her sins, “I hope all goes well,” she whispered as she lost consciousness.