Chapter ~ Four

Chapter Four

"Hello?"
"Hello?" the person spoke sounding very annoyed.
Taking a well needed breathe Roma forces the waterworks back, "Hi," she whispered timidly clutching the phone to her ear.
Her body riddled with nerves as she waited for a welcoming reply.

Roma knew she was asking for too much, she knew what the terms were and how she could make this reconnection again to the people that she lost when she gained a name for herself.

"Hello, Roma?"
"Yes," Roma replied like a lost child wanting to find her way home, "Yes it's me Mama."
With a strain voice her mother sighed and replied, "Roma, we go through this every week and the answer is the same as always." Tears appeared in Roma's eyes begging to be released. She obliged.

Her mother's word sunk deep into her skin and squeezed her already pained heart.
Sniffing and closing her eyes tightly she bit her lip drawing blood, "Mama, I should have listened to you, I should have seen it," she cried bitterly into the phone while wiping her tear strained face with the back of her hand.
A puff of air escaped her mouth with a shallow breath as her emotional baggage stifled her.
"Are you going to leave that monster?" Demanded her mother from her like a small troubled child, "You know I care for you Roma but you know my decision."

The silence was deafening, rubbing her red pained eyes Roma replied in a defeated tone, "I don't know." She feared for the life of her family of what that monster could do to them if she removed herself from his clutches.
He could destroy her all he wanted but her family was off limits.

Silence echoed and embraced them once again, "Then Roma, you know what my feelings are, when you say goodbye to him, only then will I talk to you," her mother voiced with utter sadness weaved into every letter , every word she spoke.

She hung up.

Her only daughter was lost to her, being defaced by a man that saw her no more than a prize, a man that treated her like a whore, a man that caused her to lose the love of her father and damaged the respect of her beloved brother who both wash their hands clean of her.

The dial tone echoed in the room causing Roma to hold her hand to her heart that pounded and abused her aching chest. A pain that was deep, so deep that it smeared her soul.
The pieces of her already broken heart splintered into sharp daggering shards piercing what remained of her.

The phone receiver slowly slipped from her sweaty hand falling to the ground in a thud while Roma stared into nothingness. Her tears dried and her face stone cold. Only the harden shell remained.

The home phone rang breaking Roma's zombie trance, she marched to the table with her long legs devouring the ground, "Hello? She answered coldly. "Well hello to you too, Roma," replied a very amused Anna.
"I really don't have f*cking time for this Anna," she spat, all the angry, rejection and being treated like shit finally broke her spirit.

"I was just calling to see how you were doing, but it's obviously not good," voiced a confused Anna with sincerity leaking into her voice.
Gritting her teeth, Roma squeezed her hand tightly into ball until her knuckle was sickly white, " do you want to know how I am Anna, I am f*cking drowning, drowning in this shit I call life, being f*cked over by a man that's supposed to love, honour and cherish me," replied Roma struggling to take sufficient oxygen.

"I am a huge f*cking mess, and guess what? I don't care anymore, let him ravage me, let him kill me, I don't care!" shouted a very hysteric Roma pacing the room.

Her eyes clouded with lifelessness and determination to achieve nothing.
"You know what An-na, just f*ck off," yelled Roma smashing the phone to the hard floor while she ripped the cord from the wall, along with her one real friendship. The time for f*cking pity party was over, she thought.
Grabbing her cell phone, she writes a text to Elena, her rage needed a channel, a huge sexual channel to filter all this emotion and she knew just how, who and what can achieve that:
Roma: Hey meet me at the club in 30 minutes
Elena: Will do, any special occasion?
Roma: Yes up for roll in the hay with an f*cking sex god?
Elena: mmm... thought you would never ask
Roma: See you then ... Kisses.