In Another World Maybe?

Another World - The Vamps

-----------------------------------

"Baby, dito ka muna kay Daddy ah? Mommy needs to go somewhere eh."

"Saan ba kasi ang punta mo, Victonara?"

"Sa Bacolod, Thomas Christopher."

Ara started to pack her things. She explained to me naman na she needs to go there for she's going to be the assistant coach of the spikers for the Unigames since coach Ramil is still handling his team for the PSL. I'm here at the doorway leaning on the door frame while watching her.

She closed her bag and carried Mara Isabel who just turned three last month.

"Baby girl, you have to behave here ha?" She told Mara while swaying her lightly.

I went to them and hugged Ara from her back extending my arms so that I could hug Mara too.

"Do you really have to go, Babe?" I asked her as I rested my chin of her shoulder.

"Of 'course, I have to. 'Di ko naman kayo iiwan kung wala lang diba?" She said. I kissed her on her right cheek and pouted.

"What about my birthday? You won't be around?"

"I'll make it up to you. Promise." She said and Mara suddenly laughed.

"Paano natin gagawin yung birthday..." I was cut off from what I was saying when she covered my mouth with her hand.

"Ako Thomas wag mo kong iniinis ah! Hanggang kiss ka na lang ngayon ayokong sundan si Mara!" I laughed.

I was just joking though dahil naaasar talaga siya whenever I open up about that topic. We've been together for what? 6 years now? Before kasi kami nag-college ni Ara, doon nabuo si Mara. Hindi naman sinasadya of course. But you know that feeling that if something feels so right, it can't be wrong?

Well I guess Mara is the greatest blessing that came into our lives.

"Sweet naman ng mga Torres!" I turned around and saw Mika come inside the room. We're here kasi at Ara's condo around taft.

"At Galang diba?" Ara immediately said. Since Mara came into our lives kasi I would always tell Ara na we should get married, but she would just say na bata pa daw kami para magpakasal.

"Sus, Torres din ang kababagsakan mo Ara! Kahit madami pang magkagusto sa'yo o magtry na kunin ka kay Thomas, Torres pa din ang babagsakan mo!" Mika said in which I nodded and agreed to. Ara's mine, and will always be mine.

"Tama naman siya babe. Sakin pa din ang bagsak mo." I gave Ara a wink. "Akin na nga muna si Mara. Ayusin mo na yan." Kinuha ko na si Mara and she started to fix her things again.

"Dadddyyy, spongebob!!" Mara said as we walked palabas ng room.

"Sige baby. Open ko lang yung TV ah? Cute cute mooo!" I kissed Mara on her cheeks and pinanggigilan 'to. Manang mana kay Ara yung cheeks nakakagigil! Although most would say na kamukhang kamukha ko daw si Mara kaya ayun minsan naiinis si Ara haha.

Hay, surely I couldn't ask for more.

****

"Ingatan mo si Mara ah? Tatawag pa din naman ako palagi habang nasa Bacolod ako. Umayos ka Torres ah! Hindi kita papasalubungan pag may nangyari dyan sa anak mo!" We're here now at the airport waiting for their flight to be called and off they go to Bacolod.