Chapter 3 - Mistake After Mistake

The minute Nixons lips touched mine, I was in heaven. His lips were so smooth, I just wanted to kiss him forever. His arms snaked around my waist, pulling me closer as his tongue traced my bottom lip, asking for entrance. I wrapped my arms around his neck as I gave him entrance and we explored each others mouth.

Nixon let out a soft groan when I started to tug on his hair. He removed his lips from mine so I could breathe and started peppering kisses down my neck, making me moan. His kisses were sending tingles all throughout my body, making me want even more from him.

My eyes snapped open the minute his hands started to pull my shirt up. I pushed him away and sprinted out of the closet as fast as my heels would let me. A few seconds of running, I realized I wasn't getting anywhere at this speed so I stopped to take off my shoes and I started running barefoot through the halls. I got a few strange looks from the teens I was running past, but I didnt care. I just needed to get far away from Nixon.

"Ms. Kanes!" I hear from a distance.

I ran around a corner right into somebody, landing us both of the floor with me on top of them.

"Jeez, Sorren." Kingdon's voice groans from under me.

I scrambled off him and stood up, putting my shoes back on. "Sorry."

"It's fine." He said, getting up from the floor. "What's you rush?"

"Nothing. Just wanted to get back to my class before the bell rang." I answered, looking down the hallway.

"Well you were running in the opposite direction." He chuckled, rubbing the dirt off himself.

If I have to go back the way I came, I'm going to explode. Nixon is probably looking for me. Granted, the first place he's going to look for me was my classroom, but he can't really say anything if there are kids in there already. So there's a chance I might be safe there.

"Come on. I'll show where to go." He smiled at me and grabbed my hand. The touch sent little tingles up my arm and I found myself looking at your hands. There was something about Kingdon I hated with a passion, yet there was something that made me want to stick around him. Sure, I was cold to him at lunch, I was just saving myself from getting hurt. This man is a ladies man and I don't need that in my life.

 Kingdon led me back to my room. The short walk there was filled with mild chatter and laughter. When we got back to my class there was no one there. No sign of Nixon either. Good.

"Sorren, I was thinking."

"So that's what that smell was." I teased, bumping hips with him. He chuckled and squeezed my hand, closing my door shut since we had a few more minutes until the bell rang for the end of lunch.

"Nice joke. But, seriously, let's retry the lunch inncident with dinner instead. Please?" He gave me the cutest puppy dog look I think I've ever seen in my life. His blue eyes just added to it.

"What am I getting out of this?" I let go of his hand and walked over to my desk, setting my purse down and sitting in the chair, sorting through my papers.

Kingdon walked up to my desk silently, he put his hands down on my desk and leaned across the table so our faces were inchest apart. "Just say yes." He breathed.

"What do I get?" I smiled at him.

"A free dinner." He smiled back, showing me his dimples and straight, white teeth.

"I'll be there." I said instantly.

"I'll pick you up at seven."

My classroom door slammed open and I jumped in my seat, looking at who almost gave me a heart attack.