Chapter 10 - Nixon To The Rescue

I run a hand through my messy bed head and start to think. I think about how drunk I must have been to sleep with Kingdon Blake. A man I swore I wouldn't do a damn thing with until I knew he was worth the time getting to know and later, soon to love.

Kingdon starts to grumble beside me and his eyes flutter open.

I look at him with sheer panic as to what he thinks happened last night.

He looks around for a moment with, dare I say, a cute and confused expression. His blue green eyes are clear as crystal and his sandy brown hair is a total mess, but it works for him. His eyes slowly turn to me and at first, they hold confusion and look around the room quickly. He lifts the blanket off himself and looks below.

He looks back at me with shocked eyes. "Sorren."

"Do you remember anything about last night?" I whisper quietly, my heart sinking at the idea of Kingdon taking advantage of me.

He shakes his head. "Only bits." Kingdon looks at me, reaching for my arm but I dodge him, not wanting to be touched.

My heart pounds in my chest, he remembers more than I do. "I don't remember anything."

His eyes quickly meet mine. "Nothing?"

I shake my head, tears forming in my eyes. My thoughts going wild, the pieces of last night I have aren't clear. I clutch the blankets to my body, mortified.

"Sor-"

"Get out!" I scream before he can say anything, ignoring the pounding from my head.

He jumps out of the bed and gathers his clothes, he throws on his pants and walks quickly and makes his way out the front door. 

I let out a sigh when I hear the front door close and get up from my bed, making my blanket a make shift dress, and walk into the bathroom to take some aspirin and a shower. Washing Kingdon and this disgusting feeling I have crawling all over my skin with hot water. Memories come back slowly and not all the details were there. 

I remember the way Kingdon's hands felt on every part of my body. I remember scratching my hands down his back, I wonder if there's marks. Shaking my head, I push my face under the spray to get rid of last nights patchy images. 

I know I wanted to let go and not let anyone tell me no, but this is not what I wanted. I can't believe I got drunk and had sex with Kingdon, my coworker of all people. How could that happen, I don't even fully like the guy! He's hot, sure, but do I really see a future with him that I can see when I'm drunk? Sober Sorren cannot. 

After I shower and get dressed I make my way out to the kitchen, my stomach growling for sustenance.

As I walk into the kitchen, Storm is there, drinking her usual black coffee, her blonde hair a mess and her clothes wrinkled from being slept in.

"Did you hook up last night?" She asks with a sly smirk.

My eyes widen, I try to mask my face before looking at my best friend. "Did you?"

"Not the subject we're on. I saw a hottie run out the door this morning as I was coming to the kitchen." She laughs, pouring some coffee into a mug before handing it to me along with some sugar and cream.

My face heated up and I just added my usual to the dark liquid, watching it turn a creamy light brown.

"Who was it, Sor?" She asks, stepping beside me.

I hum, hoping to ignore her, while my face gets beet red.

"Who was it?" She pokes my side and I let out a squeal.