Chapter 2 - Lunch Time

I taught my first two classes no problem. But, Nixon's eyes were staring holes in the side of my head all first hour. It was getting a little too distracting, but by the time I was about to snap, the bell rang and the class left. The next class was decent, not too much trouble.

Lunch finally rolled around and I let out a sigh of relief.

"Ready for lunch?" A deep voice asked.

I let out a quiet squeak and jumped in my chair. My head whipped around to see who scared the hell out me, and I found Kingdon standing in my doorway with a smile on his handsome face.

"Come on." He whipped his head to the side, getting some hair out of his blue eyes.

"Where?" I asked hesitantly, eyeing him with curiosity.

He rolled his beautiful eyes and smirked. "Just come on."

Since I knew I wasn't going to get out of it, I sighed and grabbed my purse from one of the drawers in my desk and walked over to him.

We walk out to the semi-empty hallways and two girls catch my eye. Mostly because they're glaring at me like I just killed a baby dolphin and fed the remains to a lion. My eyes dart forward.

You can't let these girls get to you, Sorren. I say to myself.

"Ladies." Kingdon greets with a smile and a nod of the head.

The girls smile sweetly and wave. "Hello, Mr. Blake."

I look over my shoulder at them as we pass, and they just gave me another glare. "Strange..." I mutter.

"What?" Kingdon asks.

"Oh, nothing." I answer.

We get to the parking lot, and there's a group of kids gathered at one of the lunch tables. I look over, and a certain pair of brown eyes catch mine.

Nixon gives me a smirk and I face forward again. I can't let this boy get to me. For one, he's my student, and if I recall that's illegal and I could get fired, which I really don't want. Second, I told myself the day I got this job, knowing that it was a possibility that someone could get attracted to me, that I wouldn't date a man until I thought he was worth my time. And so far, I don't see Nixon being worth my time. Mostly because of his age and of legal reasons. And lastly, even though I do find myself blushing when he looks at me, I know it's nothing but his looks that are doing that to me. I don't even know the kid for crying out loud!

"Sorren. Get in the car." Kingdon says, waving his hand in front of my face.

I blink and see that we're at his car, and I'm standing there like an idiot, staring off into space, while he's holding th car door open for me.

"Sorry." I whisper, and get into the car.

"Don't be sorry. Just get in so I can treat a beautiful lady to lunch." He smiles softly.

"This isn't a date or something is it?" I ask hesitantly, eyeing his face to make sure he isn't trying to play any games with me to try and get a date.

"I would do no such thing!" He chuckles, lightly pushing me into the car and shuts the door. I look over at the lunch tables and Nixon is glaring in my direction. One of his friends hits him on the shoulder, and he finally stops his stink eye.

The drivers side door opens and then closes quickly. "Ready to go?"

I turn my head to look at Kingdon and nod slightly.

"Alrighty, let's go then." He chuckles and starts the car. We pull out of the parking lot, and my eyes are on the boy sitting at the picnic tables, staring back at me. There's something about that boy that just draws me to him. Maybe it's his chocolate brown eyes. The way they just stare at me, makes me think he's staring into the depths of my soul. Or maybe it's his bad boy look. I don't know, but I won't let him get to me. Not ever.