Result

Silence... Supension was everywhere. Who would be chosen? 50 talented girls. Would that be me? We'll have to see...

Mrs. Matthews (The Head) started calling names from the oldest years. In Sixth Form, she called out Bliss, Alione, Sophie, Xio, Teresa, Natasha, Grace, Natalie, Fiona, Ovea and Sasha. 11 girls, that meant 39 girls for the other 5 years. Smaller chance, I sighed to myself.

Then she called out names for girls in Y11; Nora, Tia, Iona, Sam, and Ruth. Girls in Y10; Alice, Esther, Lulu, Daisy and Jo. Girls in Y10, Ellie, Poppy, Cindy, Nell, Sheb and Zoe.

It's our year now! I thought desperately. I tightly shut my eyes and clenched my fists but there was no need! She just missed us out and skipped to Y8!

The girls were; Rabia, Emily, Julila, Bryony, and Cherry. In Y7; Nicole, Bunny, Sija, Lily, Laura and Jasmine. 

Lastly she said,

"I think you girls would have noticed but I have left Y9 out. I apologise, these girls please come to the front..."

Ella, Danny, Kimberly, Georgia and Rhianna...

Me and the other girls were so disappointed... I looked up and catched Mrs. Matthews's eyes, she was smiling at me in a fond fashion. What?

How could she be smiling at my grief? She opened her mouth again...