Chapter 21.

I woke up to the smell of coffee floating around the house. I rolled over, reaching for my phone I always place on the bedside table. After patting around for a couple moments, I realized that I was at Demi's place, and I wasn't quite sure where my phone was. Flashbacks of the day before ran through my head, and I groaned, flopping down head first back into my pillow. I didn't even want to think about what happened yesterday, and all the damage control I would have to do considering how famous August is, and how popular we were as a couple.

Suddenly, I felt a weird vibration by my hip, distracting me from my thoughts on August. I adjusted myself slightly, grabbing my phone that was under me.

"Hello?" I said, picking up the call, not even bothering to look at the caller ID.

"Miss Richards? We haven't been able to reach your secretary but we wanted to confirm your attendance at today's charity event?"

"Today's event?" I repeated slowly, almost in a question-like manner.

"Yes, The charity event hosted for adoptive kids. You RSVP'ed last week and said your plus one will be a.. Mr. August Alsina? The kids are excited to meet you Mr. Alsina, are you not going to make it?" The secretary said quickly, jumbling er words together out of worry.

"No, I will be there. Is it okay if i bring another guest? She would be a great addition to the celebrity appearances and I'm sure the kids would love her.." I said hopefully. The only way i would be able to get through this event is if Demi is by my side, because I don't know how i would act being in the same room as August.

"Yes, that would be splendid!  If you can give me her name so i can add her to the list." I nodded, smiling to myself. Demi would probably kill me for adding her name to the list without asking her, especially since she was supposed to take the day off. Hopefully she won't get too mad, especially with the whole August situation though.

"Okay, everything is done," the lady on the phone said. "Oh! One last thing, can you please contact Mr. Alsina? We cannot get through to him. "

At that moment my heart dropped. I was fine with being in the same room with him, but calling him so soon? There was no way, but I didn't want to seem rude and stuck up to the women, so I just nodded,  mumbled an incoherent "mhm of course, bye" , and quickly hung up.

"DEMIIII" I yelled from up the stairs, unable to move. My mind was reliving the memories of yesterday, and I was cringing at the thought of August with another women. Demi and Melissa  came up to the bedroom almost instantly after my outburst.

"Imani? What's wrong?" They asked, worried.
And then I started explaining, I wouldn't call it explaining though, mostly rambling, because when I realized I was done with my story tear tracks covered my face.

"Baby, Imani calm down, okay? Take some deep breaths, now tell us what happened okay? Who was on the phone?" Demi said, trying to calm me down. I was in the midst of a panic attack right now, and thinking about being around August was among me anxious. But Demi was right, so I listened to her, taking deep breaths and starting to explain the story in a calm manner.

"So he's going to be there?" Melissa asked, slowly.

"Yea," I answered. "We were supposed to go together but-"

"But do you want the paparazzi to now about your relationship? Demi asked me. It was a good question but I didn't necessarily know the answer. Paparazzi had a habit of getting into our business and making rumors up based on our actions, and I didn't want to deal with hate from August's fans. 

" I don't really know.." I said softly; playing with my fingers.

"Do you want me to call him for you?" Melissa asked, after a moments pause. I nodded, slowly in response, not making eye contact with any of them. Melissa grabbed my phone, scrolling through the contacts to find his name. She pressed the name, and it answered almost immediately.

"Hello?" A women's voice answered.