Chapter 13

Important Authors note: I have changed the location of the book to Los Angeles in California.. Important for future chapters!!

IMANI'S outfit in mm!

"August which dress do you think looks better on me? " I asked, holding up two hangers. I was staring in the mirror trying to figure out which dress I should wear to the charity ball that was tonight. August finally agreed to coming with me, but only if I stayed at his place the whole weekend.

"Babe it's 9 in the morning and the thing is at 6... Calm down and come back to bed." He said tiredly. His morning voice was so sexy to me- I couldn't imagine waking up to anyone else.

"But August...! " I said, whining.  I haven't been able to do anything in preparation for tonight. August forbade me from leaving his place without him because he claimed I was "overstressing myself." He might of been right, but I know I'll be even more stressed once I walk into the venue and see everything wrong. As much as I love and trust Melanie, there is no way she could deal with this on her own- I could barely do it myself and I have had practice. 

"Mani c'mon. Come back to bed" August said, his voice muffled by the pillow. 

It's been two months since we've met up again and it has been the best two months of my life. August finally asked me out- we've been together for 6 weeks, and has been treating me like a princess the whole time we've been dating. It was amazing and he was a perfect boyfriend. He also talked to me about the scars and marks on my body. I freaked out that he saw what was on my wrist, but he has been such a good sport about it, it actually seemed nice to talk about it with someone. 

I crawled back to bed, still in my PJ's- which consisted of Augusts t-shirt that goes mid thigh and some panties- and snuggled into Augusts chest. He was still half asleep and I thought he was absolutely adorable. I kissed his lips softly, then his forehead, nose, cheek, and down his jawline.

"Wake up baby." I whispered in his ear, kissing his lips once more. He moaned a little, then started kissing me back passionately. His lips traveled down to my neck, sucking and biting his mark into my skin. I closed my eyes, enjoying this moment before realizing the damage he's done.

"August! The gala is tonight! You can't give me a hickey now!" I exclaimed pushing him off me, somehow he managed to get on top of me, straddling my waist. He rolled off, back into his spot on the bed and almost automatically went back to bed.

"Don't worry babygirl, the makeup artist that's coming can hide that in a second." He said calmly, still half asleep. How he went back to bed so quickly, only God knows. 

"Makeup artist?" I asked confused. I usually do my makeup myself or ask Melanie to do it for me, I never actually go get it done, especially for events like these. Every time I get my makeup done I feel like I'm wearing a pound of crap on my face and I didn't want to risk it. 

"Mhmm, don't worry she's a professional. She'll be here around 4, Melanie's coming at 3."  He said with a smirk.

"You must think your so slick huh?" I said. "Planning all of this without me."

"Yea, pretty much ." He said after a moment's pause. He  kissed my forehead once more before getting up. "I'm going to make you some breakfast do you want to come with me?" He asked. Ever since he found out about all my issues, he's made it his mission to cook and make sure I eat every meal. I wouldn't say I have an eating disorder or anything like that, I just skip meals in order to reach my goal weight. I don't  want to be fat again.

"I'll just eat some fruit babe" I said with a smile, pretending that I enjoyed it. I didn't want to look even fatter than I already was today, and one of Augusts meals would make me huge.

"I don't think that's a good idea..." He said, unsure. "I won't be able to watch you tonight at the thing and I want to make sure you have enough energy. "

I just nodded, even if he did make me eat a lot I could always throw it up again before I take my shower, right? Just smile, and pretend everything is okay, and maybe he would believe me

Wrong,  I thought. How would August feel if he knows all his hard work is going down the drain, literally?

Yea, but would he still go out with me if I gained weight?

Of course he does! He loves you!

But he never actually said it, and it's been two months does he actually love you?

I was having a mental war within my head, and the voices within me were driving me crazy.  "Shut up!" I said to myself, placing a hand on my head to silence them.

"babe? Is everything okay?" He asked, concern showing all over his face. I looked up at him noticing that he was shirtless, and man his abs were defined. He had an 8 pack and the tattoos on his chest made him look so sexy. God I couldn't believe he was my man. "Baby, I know I'm sexy and all but you don't need to drool." He said with a smirk.

"Shut up and make me food Augustus!" I said with a laugh, throwing a pillow at him.