Chapter 14

This chapter is dedicated to @beautyy__queen because she did such an amazing fan of this book [. I'm sorry  haven't been posting much, I have been doing dance and it takes up a lot of time. Sorry I kept you guys on hold for so long, I will probably double update today.

ALSO: Seeing your comments/votes makes me so much more motivated to write, so if you guys could please comment more, that would be amazing.

IMANI:

"Babe you look amazing. August will probably fuck you on the way there with how you look in that dress"  Melanie said to me with a smirk. I laughed at that and looked in the mirror once more. It was a quarter to five, and the hair and makeup artists that August hired just left. Surprisingly, they did an amazing job on me. I felt so pretty once I saw their finishing touches, but that feeling only lasted for a few minutes.

"You look pretty amazing yourself Mel, thanks for coming with me." I said, nervously. The dress I was wearing tonight is form fitting , and I was feeling insecure with the way I looked.

"Imani you better stop worrying, August is waiting on you so let's go. Plus, we kinda got to make sure everything is done..." Since I spent the whole weekend with August at his request, I wasn't able to leave his place unless I had a valid non-work related reason. I haven't had any time to see the ballroom up close, the only thing I've seen are the pictures Melanie has sent me so far. I know August brought me over here because he thinks I overwork myself, but I really need to make sure everything is perfect.

"Mani the car's here! You girls ready?" August yelled up the stairs. It took him less than an hour to get dressed and he's been getting impatient. It's not our fault he wanted to hire a professional stylist.

"Yea babe, we're ready!" I replied, grabbing my clutch and the papers I needed for the day. I walked down the staircase slowly, noticing August on the piano he had in his living room. He had his back facing me but even that looked amazing in the tux he was wearing.

Baby I don't blame you
For being in the club
Getting all that love
Cause your so beautiful
God made you to show that off
Now I ain't ever been the jealous type of guy,

He was singing along with his piano and I stopped to listen.  His voice was amazing and I loved hearing him sing songs, especially acoustic ones.

"That's amazing babe." I said, wrapping my arms around his neck. He intertwined our fingers together, kissing the back of my hand.

"You guys ready?" He asked, turning around in his seat to face me. I nodded, solemnly. I was so nervous. This gala would be the biggest event I have ever hosted. Ever since August posted that tweet, celebrities donated so much money to our charity, and even more paid for a ticket. We had John Legend and many other artists coming to perform, not to mention the hundreds of paparazzi coming to see me and August together.  "Are you ready?" He asked me again, squeezing my hand for comfort. I smiled at the gesture.

"Yea babe, I'm ready."

***********************
"Imani the press are demanding a red carpet entrance."

"Miss. Richards we have John legend on the phone insisting to speak to you."

"have you seen Melanie? She's supposed to have the prints for the stage."

Everyone was coming up and asking me hundreds of different questions and it was driving me crazy. At this point I wanted to kill August for making me stay with him all weekend. I saw him across the hall talking to Abel (the Weeknd) for a moment and mugged him from across the room.He would be having fun while I'm about to have an anxiety attack. August must have sensed my anger because a moment later he came up behind me rubbing my back gently.

"Babe, calm down. Is there anything you want me to do?" He asked me, noticing how stressed I was. I nodded, unable to speak because his massage felt so amazing. I handed him one of the clipboards I was holding. "Can you check and make sure sound is working? You know how to do that stuff right.?" I asked, hopefully.

"Of course babe, anything for you. I'll get Abel to help me is that okay?"

"Sure, as long as you guys get it done. "

I kissed him softly, before heading off to check the seating charts.

"Wait Imani?" He said, stopping me for a moment.

"Yea August? " I asked confused.

He kissed me softly in the lips saying "I love you"