Chapter 20.

After spending the evening in the park with Jussie and Neveah, I headed home to try to relax the evening away. Unfortunately, that didn't go as planned. The moment I turned my phone back on, it was alerting me of the multiple missed calls and texts I have from August. I tried to check my messages, but I heard my phone ring, letting me know that August was calling me again. It's been 4 hours since I've seen him last and he still is trying to call me. It's not like calling me will make me forget what I saw. It's not like calling me would make me forgive him but, I had to give him credit I never met anyone who was so persistent.

17 new messages from Augustus❤️❤️
11 missed calls from Augustus
6 new messages from DemDem👑
7 new messages from Mel 😘

I didn't know who I was supposed to respond to first, so I placed it on the kitchen table once I entered my house, completely ignoring everybody. All I wanted to do was curl up on the couch eating ice cream, trying to forget about August. I grab the tub of chocolate ice cream from the freezer, and headed over to the black leather couch  in the living room.

Just as I entered the room, my eyes landed on the person sleeping on my sofa. I rolled my eyes in annoyance, trying my best to not break down as I woke August up.

"What are you doing here?" I said, with almost no emotion.

"I just wanted to talk baby..." He said raspily, a voice I was still in love with.

"There's nothing to talk about August, you need to leave. "

"Imani... Baby, please just listen.." He pleaded before I cut him off.

"Do. Not. Call. Me. Baby." I said sternly, "there is NOTHING for us to talk about August.. I-"

He cut me off, begging, "Mani, please.."

"No.. August, you don't understand. I don't know what's been going on with you lately.. But you've changed, your not the same August I feel in love with
and that scares me." I said sternly, trying not to let the tears fall.

"Imani," he said, once again.

"No August, were done."

And with that I grabbed my keys walked out of my loft. I slammed the door behind me, calling Demi. She answered almost immediately.

"IMANI.? Where are you?" She yelled through the phone.

"Are you home? Can I come over?" I said, in between sniffles. By now I was full-on crying and I didn't know what to do about it. I always made an effort to control my emotions in front of people, but hearing Demj just made me crack.

"Of course Imani, me and Melanie will be waiting okay? We can have a girls night. " she said soothingly.

"That sounds good, I'm on my way," I said, ending  the call. I got in my car quickly, wanting to leave as soon as possible to get away from August. It didn't help that once I turned on the radio, his voice came through my speakers.

I groaned in annoyance, I just couldn't get away from him, huh?

I got to Demi's place in about 10 mins, probably breaking about 3 traffic violations on the way there. All I wanted to do is snuggle into a couch and cry myself to sleep. That's what normal people do after a break up, right? I didn't know exactly what to feel about this or how to handle it. I mean, I have been through break ups before but I truly never loved a man as much as I loved August, and seeing him betray me like literally broke my heart into a million pieces. I needed to make myself feel numb, and I knew the perfect way to do so, but there was no way I could come in contact with a blade at Demi's place. After all, she was  all into getting treatment for better self and getting help.

But like the girl I was, I grabbed the hidden emergency blade in my glove department, sliced my waist making sure I didn't leave any marks on my carseats and clothing. Then, I plastered on a fake smile on my face and walked up the steps to Demi and pretended nothing was wrong.