Chapter 12

" Auuuugg would you please let me drive?" I said, pouting.  He kept his promise and picked  me up at 6:30 on the dot, but the moment I saw his Porsche Cayenne Turbo parked in my spot I wanted to drive it. It was so prefect. It was all black exterior and I could tell it was personally customized

He laughed at me saying. "what do you know about cars Imani? You probably pick them out by their color." 

I glared at him for a moment, rolling my eyes at his sexist comment. Just because I was a girl doesn't mean I didn't know anything about cars.

"You're driving a Porsche Cayenne Turbo, with 520 HorsePower and a 4.8L V8 Engine." I said, smugly. Looking him in the eyes as I started laying down facts. It's not that I was a car expert or anything, but it was one of my dream cars and I have always wanted to drive it.  I considered buying one, but I already had a car and I knew I didn't need another one

"Well Damn sweetie I didn't know you like that, I guess I can let you drive my baby for a while, " he said, shocked.

I squealed, wrapping my arms around him happily. I finally got the chance to drive it, but I was still going to milk this moment so I could drive it again. "I thought I was your baby." I said, facing him with a fake pout. When we were teens he always said my pout was irresistible, might as well put that to the test to see if that's still true. August and I were on the porch,

"You are my babygirl, but that beauty right there is my baby." He said, winking. I scoffed, rolling my eyes.

"But really August, since your hand is burned. I'll get you some ice and then I'll drive." I said, wrapping my arms around his waist and kissing his cheek. I rushed up to my kitchen and grabbed him an ice pack, and got my purse and we were off to Starbucks. I was driving.

"When was the last time you went to New Orleans Mani?" August asked once I started driving.

"I mean it's been a while... I was thinking about going there next week for Mother's Day. "

"Mmm mama G would love that. She talks about you alllll the time babe" August said, teasingly. He was referring to my mother, whenever he visits New Orleans (which is pretty often) my mother calls to inform me of her "new son" - then rants to him about how I'm never home. 

"Hey August why don't you come with me? I mean I'm sure my mom would love seeing you again" I asked, hopefully

"Me? Baby I don't know.."

"Pleaseeeee" I begged. "You love visiting and we can celebrate your single releasing with all your family. "

"I'll talk to my team and see how it goes."

By this time we were at Starbucks, and I was pumped to get my coffee. I got out of the car, rushing to get my daily caffeine fix.

"Hey Mani?" I heard August say. I turned around slowly and ended up hitting his chest.

"Have I told you how sexy you look driving my car." He whispered in my ear, nibbling softly on my earlobe.

***********

"I understand Mrs. Westin, we have you placed as far away from your ex husband as possible." I said through the phone. As the fundraiser was getting closer, I was getting calls from all the donors with specific instructions about their place setting, food requirements and even some advice. The sad part is that I only have to deal with a certain number of calls, and Melanie deals with the rest. She is a lifesaver.

"Okay, thank you again for your generous donation. Goodbye Ms. Westin "

It was 5 o clock and I still had so much more work to do. I probably wouldn't get home until 9 tonight, especially considering how long breakfast lasted with August. We had a great time together, and after what he pulled in the parking lot- I'm more excited to see him. I stood up from behind my desk and walked out talk to Melanie.

"Hey Mel."

"Mani! Guess who I just got off the phone with?" She said happily.

"Another rich old white lady ?" I answered plainly with my eyes closed. I was getting a migraine just from dealing with these silly requests.

"Nah, I talked to your boyfriend actually!"  She said excitedly.

"My boyfriend?"

"Don't play dumb you hoe, I'm talking about the sexy beast that is August Alsina" Melanie said dreamily.

I rolled my eyes at that comment. I don't exactly know what August and I actually were, but I know I wanted it to continue. What happened today in the parking lot was amazing. When he kissed me, even though it was just a quick pecking the peck it was amazing. It felt amazing.

"Imani? Oh my fucking god Imani!" Melanie's exasperated voice brought me out of my daydream.

"Stop dreaming about your mans dick and go back to your office. You have a phone call." She said to me while smirking.

I rolled my eyes and went back into my office, closing the door behind me

"Good evening, this is Imani Richards, how may I help you?" I said in my 'office voice.'

"You can tell me why a pretty girl like you is  all by yourself." August said through the phone.

"August I'm at work, you know, running that fundraiser that you donated a quarter of a million dollars to?"

"But babe it's almost six... I wanted to take you out tonight."  He whined in his adorable voice.

"I'm sorry Augustus but I have so much work to do, I don't think I can go out tonight".

"Okay... But can you at least open your door?"

"What?! " I exclaimed, dropping my phone in surprise. I opened my office door to see August standing there with flowers and takeout.

"I mean, I figured you needed some energy for all the hard work you've been doing." He said cheekily. "It's your favorite, well from when we were kids but I mean you still like  Chinese right?"

"Yea, I love it. " I said with a smile welcoming him in my office. I looked over at Melanie and saw her wink mouthing "go get some." I discreetly  flipped her off and rolled my eyes.

"So August," I said opening the box of takeout. " you are coming to the charity ball right?"

"Charity Ball?"

"Please August? It's so boring for me to go by myself and since you're a huge donor it would be amazing if you could show... But I totally understand if you have plans " I said quickly with a fake pout.

"When is this ball?" He asked after a moment's silence.

" oh my god really? It's June 14 and it's on Saturday. Thank you so much baby!" I said, jumping on him to give him a hug. He placed his hands on my ass, signaling me to wrap my legs around his waist.

"Anything for you babygirl." He muttered in my chest