Chapter 10

Nicki

When I saw August walk in with a girl in his arms, I mentally rolled my eyes. He has been playing around for a long time and I was hoping he would start to settle down with that Imani girl he always talks about.Nowadays, August started going to clubs and hanging out around a bunch of useless hoes. He never listened to me when I told him to get a girl, but he changed. Ever since he came back from his trip to New Orleans, her name kept coming out of his mouth. It was cute how love struck he was. I remember one time a couple weeks ago, Drake and Chris were talking about her around August, and he almost attacked them. They did take it a little too far, but August has never been so protective of a girl before and it was cute. He needed someone like her in his life. I did some research on her, and she seems like such a sweetheart, not like those other girls who hang around him just for the money and fame. She has her own company that she created herself; she was smart and gorgeous. Everything that he needed. 

Now, Imani was playing around on the sound board in the studio. August never let's anyone touch his music without his supervision in general, so him letting Imani touch his stuff was a big deal. I cant even go to the soundboard and play with the dials unless a professional is there. He as never let's anyone touch his music, so when he let her play around with the unfinished beat I knew she was legit.

"Do you mind if I play around..?" She asked August and me sweetly. I like that she asked me, not just him. Those other girls he  used to bring around wouldn't even acknowledge my presence  unless they were some of my fans. But either way, It was Augusts' song, so it really wasn't up to me if she did. After August agreed, she looked at me for reassurance.

I like her already.

It took her about 10 minutes playing around with the board, I didn't know what she was doing but when she played the song, it was perfect. She was perfect for him.

********************************
August.

I really hope I was making the right decision letting Imani play around with the soundboard. I trusted her fully, but I knew I would regret it if I end up not likening the version she edits. Who am I kidding? It's Imani, we are talking about, the girl who would never stop working on something until she is sure it is perfect. I watched her play around with the dials, her concentration face was the cutest thing ever. She was biting her lip, and then would smile whenever she got something she liked. I didn't know what she was doing, but I knew she would be amazing.

"I think I'm done.. Can you listen to it?" She asked me. She was looking at me with those big brown eyes of hers that was so easy to get lost in. She looked so damn cute, I wanted to kiss her right on the spot. She unplugged the headphones and started to play her mix on the speakers. I tried to prepare myself for what I was hearing in case it turned out bad, but i was shocked at what she created. She created a masterpiece. I never would have thought to add the beats she did and slow it down. The song had such an amazing flow to it, and I was proud to call her my baby.

"Babe that's amazing... " I started, walking over to her. I wrapped my arms around her waist, softly kissing her cheek. "Your amazing." I said. She blushed, again. It was so cute how every little thing I say would make her blush.

"Neeks what do you think?" I asked nicki, still holding on to Imani.

"Well..." She started, in a voice that I didn't like. I knew Nicki hated when I brought girls over to the studio but she never said anything to their faces. "I think it would be better if you just have Imani work with you in the studio. Maybe you can actually get stuff done!" She said teasingly.