Chap21-Video Chat

I quietly unlocked my dorm room, not sure if my roommate was up. It was 6:30 am and I had woken up to start my day.

Coming back from the bathrooms I had showered, completed my hair and make up, and was ready to get dressed. I reviewed my outfit I had picked out for the day. It was very simple, a pair of jeans and a t-shirt.

It didn’t take me long to dry off, lotion down, and get dressed. This was a process I had learned how to do in absolute quiet out of respect for my roommate who didn’t wake up until 11.

As I grabbed my backpack, I realized I had five minutes to make it to the campus Café. After ordering my coffee, I sat in a booth and began setting up computer. I connected the microphone and video, and then put in some headphones so I could hear. At 7:06 I got the call I was waiting for. Luke’s face flashed across my screen and I accepted his video call.

“Good Morning lovely.” I looked at my screen and saw Luke’s face. His hair had grown a lot and almost covered his eyes.

“What’s for lunch?” I could see the crumbles around his mouth as we talked.

“Just the usual sandwich, what’s for breakfast?”

“The usual coffee.”

“You mean the disgusting coffee.” Luke turned his nose up at the screen and I laughed. We stayed on the computer and had our morning chat like we planned on doing every day until we could see each other again. After about 30 minutes we said goodbye with plans to video chat one more time at night.

It wasn’t like I didn’t have his cell phone number. I could call or text him all day, but video chatting was different. It was great to see his face. It had been almost two months since he’d left. It took us a while to find a good time to video chat, but now that we had I was a girl in love, more than before.

We still had a long way to go, a lot to learn about one another, but at least we had love. My parents didn’t want me to focus on boys, my education was more important. I was waiting for the opportunity to take summer classes in London. That would give me the perfect excuse to see Luke, but until then I had my morning video chats. 

----------------------

A/N: As the story ends can you guys comment and tell me what you think? Thank you again for reading. 

In the future I want to do one more mini story with these characters. What do you guys think? Should I just stop here?