Chapter 10

Day Two 

It was break time, Sam was frowning on the shooting plan that she had in her hands when Rosa's voice broke her concentration, "Luke's enjoying himself, isn't he?"  

"Yeah." Sam ignored her. 

"No really, look." She held Sam's head and turned it to the direction where Luke and Alicia sat together and talked. 

Sam stared blankly at them and wasn't thinking about anything until she saw that Alicia had touched Luke's arm affectionately and he didn't seem to mind. 

"Oh dear." Rosa slowly walked away when she saw stiffness creeping out from Sam's body. Sam was about to get up to talk to him when a pair of hands covered her eyes. 

"Hi, babe, guess who?"  

"Manuel!" She jolted with joy when she heard his voice. She stood sharply up and gave him a tight hug. 

"Where have you been? I missed you!" she chattered. 

"Paris, babe, I went to see the Versace team." Manuel grinned. His blue eyes sparked with excitement. 

"Oh my god, really? How was it?" Sam was delighted to hear the news; she quickly dragged a chair and pulled his arm to sit down. She was waiting for him to start telling her the complete story without releasing his hand.

"Who is he?" Alicia frowned.  

"Her model. I have to go," Luke answered shortly and abruptly stood up. He approached his wife and Manuel to greet them. His heart was pounding like crazy when he saw that both of them were holding hands and were chatting intimately with low voices, almost like a whisper. 

He cleared his throat. "Hi, Manuel, fancy to see you here," he greeted politely. 

"Ah, hi, handsome, how are you?" Manuel stood up and extended his hand in friendly gesture. His gorgeous blue eyes stared at him innocently. 

Luke shook his hand briefly before turning his attention to Sam. 

"I am going to get coffee, do you want some?" he asked. 

"Ah, no thanks, I will go with Manu if you don't mind." She smiled. 

"Sure, can I take Alicia? We'll be back in fifteen." 

"Oh, okay." Sam felt unhappy but she couldn't find any reason to stop him bringing Alicia.  

"Okay then, see you later." Luke gave her a kiss on her forehead before turning away. 

"Who is Alicia?" Manu frowned, sensing her tension. 

"My new makeup artist turned to be his ex," she whined. 

"Oh no, don't you think you should follow him?" he asked carefully. 

"Not really," she replied bitterly. 

"Go . . . ," Manu ordered. 

"No, it's okay."  

"It's not okay. You look worried. You never looked worried when he talked to girls." 

"Alicia left him, and he was brokenhearted so badly, that's why I don't like her around him," lied Sam. 

"Ah, first love?" Manu nodded in understanding. "People say, first love never dies . . ." 

"Tell me about it."

"Sam must be surrounded by hot guys all the time." Alicia opened a conversation when they waited for their coffee.