Dreams

I got this idea when I was listening to an old song of Savage Garden, "I don't Know You Anymore"

Here's the song just in case you're wondering ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzXT8My3cmo

As always, apology for mistakes. This story hasn't been edited.

Enjoy guys!

Love you all!

________________________________________

I missed her, I missed her so much and I really wanted to see her face one more time.......

She looked beautiful as always. She smiled at me when breathed out my name, "Luke.... So good to see you again." She launched herself at me and pressed her petit body against mine like she used to do every time we were separated for too long.

I hugged her back, hiding my nose inside her hair and inhale her scent. She hadn't change much, she still wore the same perfume, the same shampoo, the same lotion... She hadn't changed at all. A relief breath left my mouth slowly.

She pulled herself away from me and I felt lost all of sudden, "is that for me?" she pointed out the bouquet in my hand and I nodded. "I remember you like pink roses." I smiled and gave her the bouquet.

"Thank you so much, they're beautiful. Please come on in." she took a few steps back to let me into her apartment. It was the same apartment that I used to came to visit her. She walked away to put her flowers in a vase while I stood there waiting. I scanned the place wondering what had happened to her for the last five years after our divorce?

The apartment was as spacious as I could remember with its dark timber floor and wide windows facing the east. She always left the windows open early morning to let the sun warmed her living room. A soft breeze flew her curtains slightly and the noise from the busy traffic five levels down brought my memory back to when we were still friends, good friends, best friends.

I looked around again and I noticed her furniture had changed. Her massive dark leather couch where I used to sleep on was gone, changed with something more suitable with her personality, a three seater pastel coloured sofa, a wooden elegant coffee table with some magazines piled neatly on top of it and a large book shelf on the corner of the living room. I knew she loves reading, she always thirst with knowledge and her obsession with romance novels drove me mad sometimes. They were everywhere, in her bedroom, in the kitchen, underneath the sofa......

The room was definitely better than before. She probably reduced her work and had more time to decorate. She had the time to read girly magazines now. She even put about a dozen frames up on her bookshelf. I walked closer and checked them up and my heart stopped beating when I saw a man hugged her in every frame. They looked happy together and I noticed a wedding ring on their fingers.

"That's Steve, my husband...." She stood behind me.

"Oh...... he's good looking."

"No one as good looking as you Luke." She tapped my chest playfully, as she always did in the past, "but he is nice and I love him." She pulled my hand, asking me to seat on the couch with her. She had two mugs of steamy coffee on the table ready for us to drink.

I've never had my coffee here before. I used to hang out with her in the kitchen. Accompanied her cooking or just mocking her lack of skills but right now she took me here and sat with me. She sat not too far from me but I knew she kept her distance.