I Love You

Luke rarely called me for the whole two months when I dated Matt. Sometimes he still crushed on my couch though but he wouldn't stay for breakfast as usual. He would disappear when I woke up. I thought he was mad at me for some reasons but everytime I asked he simply told me he was busy.

Talking about the devil, I saw my phone blinking with his name on the screen.

"Hey." I answered my phone in between munches.

"Hi. Where are you?"

"Home."

"Whatcha eatin?"

"Carrot. What's up?"

"Nothing..." but there was a hint of anger in his voice.

I kept chewing, waited for him to talk more but he didn't say anything, I could hear a noise in the background like supermarket noise when the cashier scanned some items.

"Are you allright?" I finally asked.

"Yes. You?"

"I am fine thank you."

"Can I come over? Or do you have a date tonight?"

"Yeah sure. No date, Matt is out of town."

"Ok, be there in ten." Then he hang up.

He sounded gloomy and where was he anyway? It was Friday night and he wasn't in the pub drinking. That was unusual.

He knocked my door with few rented DVD, a box of pizza, a bag of lollies, a pack of my favourite beer, the only brand of beer that I would enjoy and wouldn't mind getting drunk from it, Stella Artois. He was really weird, I watched him walked into my living room, placing the pizza box and the rest of his shopping on my coffee table then showed me the DVD boxes, "want to watch some movies?" he asked, his face looked serious, no, not serious but concern. He watched me intently, tried to find something.

"Sure." I gave him short reply, still confused with his act.

"Which one?"  he spread the DVD box in his hands like a pack of card.

"Why are you hiring 300? Do you think I am going to like it?"

"You love abs."

I rolled my eyes. "Twilight? Seriously? I am not some teens."

"you don't like Twilight?"

I shook my head, lying, of course I love twilight, I just didn't want to torture him with it. He threw the box carelessly on the floor, "me too." He mumbled.

I couldn't help but laugh. "The Proposal?" I wouldn't want to watch a romantic movie with him for god sake.

"Okay..." again he threw the box on the floor.  "The Rite then. It's horror. I've been wanting to see this for a long time."

My scalp pricked, I hated horror movie. I have very active imagination for my own good. Last time I watched one, I couldn't sleep with light off for few months.

"So?" he asked impatiently.

"Okay." I shook my shoulders. I really didn't care what would I watch, the most important thing was I need to cheer him up. He was awfully quiet and too depressed.

He seemed to be happy with my decision, while he was busy setting up the DVD player, I took a slice of pizza and settled down myself on the couch.

I watched him squatting in front of my TV, his face reflected on the black screen.

"You know Henry Cavill? You look a lot like him." I blunted.

He turned his head to see me, "Henry who? "