Chapter 11

Everyone looked around and gave each other a curious look when Monica from facilities bolted out from Gina's office, crying. Sam had just stepped out from the lift when she ran past her with teary eyes. 

"What's going on?" Sam asked. 

"We don't know, but maybe it has something to do with her being too drunk in the party last night," Rosa explained. 

"Really?" 

"Yes. Just after you left, she kissed Adam from upstairs. Oh my god, don't tell me that she sacked Monica?" 

"Are they dating?" 

"Yes." 

"Oh great! I'll speak to Gina." Sam rolled her eyes and marched to Gina's office. 

"What was that all about?" Sam went straight to the point as soon as she stepped in to the office. 

"Good morning, Sam, please come in," Gina greeted her calmly. 

"Why was Monica crying?" Sam ignored her sarcasm and repeated her question. 

"She broke the rule, she dated Adam." Gina busied herself typing notes in her computer. 

"Oh, Gina, come on, don't be so mean." Sam took a seat in front of her. 

"I am not mean, Sam, we all know the rule. You still remember, don't you?" Gina placed her hands on the table, straightened her posture, and stared at Sam with a confronting gesture. 

"She's been working with us for five years. Can't you be more lenient?"  

"Sam, you know I can't do that." Gina shook her head.  

Sam sighed heavily. She walked to the door and closed it to give them more privacy. She sat back to her chair and with soft tone she started talking, "Gina, I know you were brokenhearted in the past, but it doesn't mean that we have to suffer too. The more you restrain, the more they are going to fight back. And I think love is something that we need to celebrate, not to be hidden." 

"It has nothing to do with my past." Gina raised her voice and tried to defend herself. "Besides, I need to talk to you about last night too. Who did you go home with?" She smirked at her. 

"Luke."  

"Sam, you're married and so does he. You need to have boundaries, stop flirting with each other." 

"Look Gina, about me flirting with him has nothing to do with you-" Sam remained calm. 

"It got everything to do with us, Sam." Gina cut her off. "We both know the rules." 

"Have you reported this to Mr. Russo? I bet he won't agree with this."  

"Sam, don't change the subject, this is you that we're talking about. And don't forget both of you married, yet you still flirt with each other like school kids. How disgusting. You should be ashamed of yourself."  

"That's it!" Sam abruptly stood up that it sent Gina in shock. She never saw Sam so upset before. "Come with me," she ordered, anger in her tone. 

"What? I haven't finished talking," Gina protested. 

"Just come with me. I want to show you something." 

"Where to?" 

"I'll explain later. Grab your purse." She marched out of Gina's office. 

"No." 

"Gina, come with me! Or I swear I will create a scene," Sam threatened her. 

"Hey, what's going on?" Luke popped his head out from his cubicle when he heard Sam's agitated noise. Some people also did the same.