Chapter 6

Sam walked into the office's break area to make a cup of coffee when she heard flirtatious giggles from her colleagues. She saw Luke standing next to the island bench surrounded by girls, and Gina the HR manager stood next to him and often brushed herself onto his right arm. Sam rolled her eyes and slowly approached the crowd. 

"Hey, Sam, come here, we want to introduce you to Luke. He's from marketing. Mr. Russo sent him here to work with us." Rosa called out and secretly signed her to stand next to Luke, both of them knew how Gina loves to flirt with hot guys and Rosa knew that Sam could pull out a fun game to piss her off.  

Sam was about to say something when Luke extended his arm, "Hi, I am Luke Russo. I heard so much about you." He gave her his best smile and she blushed in deep pink. Darn it! she cursed herself. 

"Sam," she answered and quickly bit her lips to stop herself from gigling when he gave her a wink.  

"Are you related to Mr. Russo, our new boss?" she sent him a tricky question, knowing that Luke will deny.  

"I am." Surprisingly, he gave an honest answer. "I am his grandson." People gasped. 

"Sam is our head designer and she's married." Everyone cringed to Gina's bold statement. 

"It could be a lie." Rosa opened her mouth. "She never showed us her wedding photos, so I don't believe that she has a husband." Rosa continued, playing with her silken smooth brown hair, leaning her slender tall body to the bench, ignoring the unhappy stare from Gina. The girls started to giggle, agreeing to Rosa's argument. 

"Rosa!" Sam protested, but somehow thanked her for pissing Gina's off. 

"That's right, every time we asked to see her wedding photos she always refused." Another girl, Vicky, added. 

"I don't see a wedding ring so she must be lying." Luke lifted his eyebrows with twinkle in his eyes. 

"I took it off. We had a fight last night. He got home late and didn't tell me where he went." Sam answered matter-of-factly. She looked up at him with challenging eyes. She loved to banter with him. 

"Poor man, he probably went out with friends to the pub next door, celebrating a birthday." Luke planted an answer.  

"Well, he could call . . ." She trailed off, looking up at him; her eyes softened as she understood his reasoning. "Enough with my story. So are you married, Luke?" Sam grinned, eyeing his ring.  

"Oh yes." He smiled widely, showing off his wedding ring. 

"Lucky girl," Gina mumbled in jealousy. 

"Actually, I am the lucky one," he corrected her with a serious tone, gazing toward his wife. She looked back at him and blushed. Luckily no one notice. 

"What's so special about your wife? That a womanizer like you finally settled down?" Sam threw another tricky question after she gained back her composure. 

"She's beautiful and smart. She can be stubborn sometimes but it's kinda cute." He grinned, showing his white teeth. Besides where did you hear that rubbish Sam? I never been exposed in any media." 

"Well, I have friend who saw you on several occasions," she said, Luke's smile widened. 

"Do you have photo of her?" someone asked, saving Sam from embarrassment. 

Luke took a glance at Sam's direction who looked back at him in panic. 

He shook his head. "I don't need it. She's all here." He pointed his heart, and the girls sighed in envy. Sam shook her head, amazed by his sly answer.