House Chores

Another short story.

As always this is unedited. Apology for mistakes.

Btw, please subscribe on my website to receive emails about story updates.

Thanks guys. Love you all <3

_____________

Sunday morning, oh god! Finally I got the chance to do something in this house.

I entered the laundry room with victory after wasting five minutes trying to find it. Today I was on the mission to wash Luke's new shirts that I bought for him two days ago.

He didn't know yet that I bought him stuff. I tried to play my part right as his wife. I thought buying him things would be considered care and washing them for him would be part of the deal.

I rolled my eyes, this wife role drained my energy already. Not that he was demanding or anything like that, but living in the same house with people that thought we were a real married couple exhausted me, I had to be on my toes all the time.

Just like last night when he approached me in the living room, sat next to me, looping his hand around my shoulders and dropped a kiss on my neck. I almost pushed his face away that I used to do in the past when he got too close. Luckily I didn't because I saw Pops sat in the corner of the room watching us behind his newspaper.

Or two days ago, I walked on him having shower buck naked and he called me pervert. Did he get mad? Nah, he offered me to have shower together. Did I get mad? How could I be mad? I got the glimpse of his magnificent muscles and everything. I pretended to look calm. I apologized, walked away and by the time I reached the outside of my bedroom I run straight to the kitchen to take few gulps of ice water.

Anyway, I was wowed by this washing machine. What kind of washing machine was this? So futuristic I thought. I stood there looking at it with jaws hanging. I was pretty sure it was a washing machine, I could see the typical front loader door on it, but the overall shape wasn't for washing machine, it was slightly round and thinner. Again, wasted another three minutes looking for a switch on button but all I could see on the machine was a door and a strip of black glass on the top of the machine that reflected my face perfectly. Too fancy I thought, so I walked to the sink and turned on the tab to hand wash the shirts. No big deal, they were only three of them, it wouldn't take long.

"What are you doing Mrs Russo?" Jan's voice broke my concentration. I ignored her, didn't realize that she talked to me.

"Mrs, Russo?" she called me softly.

I looked over my shoulder, she was there standing in the middle of the door way looking at me frowning.

"Sorry Jan, didn't realize you talked to me. Please call me Sam?"

She shook her head, "what are you doing here?"

"Washing Luke's shirts. How to turn this machine on anyway?"

"You can't be here." She cut me off.