Downhill

I wake up to nervous whispering. I can't quite make out what they're saying, but I know it's Chloe. I did fall asleep in her room, uninvited. So she was probably with Mike. Oops. Well better open my eyes and get this over with.

As soon as I do, I see them near the door, looking worried and they're going back and forth. To get their attention I clear my throat. They stop, and slowly turn and look at me. I smirk at them. Oh boy that's new. I almost never smirk. "You guys get down and dirty last night?" Chloe looks outright shocked, and then Mike starts laughing. He lets out an airy, "No." And continues laughing. Chloe, recovering, "No we didn't. We almost did, but we thought it wouldn't be smart in a house full of teenagers that could walk in on us. Also my dad's home, remember? So we ended up falling asleep." My smirk drops, and my shoulders sag, and if you were here you would hear the tiredness in my voice, "Sorry. I got into a fight with Cam about sleeping in the fort, Ben ended up crashing in my room, I think, so I came in here. I didn't see anything or hear anything. I stared at the sky for awhile, and I guess I eventually fell asleep."
They both nod, though Mike tries to meet my eyes. I avoid him. I'm hurt. I know Cam made up the game as a joke and because he wanted to mess around, but I thought he could've at least liked me. Especially since he kissed me first.

I get up from the window, and stretch, while letting out this long yawn. I turn back to Chloe, "Do you know where my phone is? That Tim guy called a few days ago, and I never called him back."
She nods, "Yeah I think you left it in the dining room." I give her my thanks before leaving the two alone. I hold my head high, and casually walk down the stairs, past the fort, and into the dining room. I quickly locate my phone, and Tim picks up on the third ring. "Hello?"
"Hey, Tim. It's me, Bianca? Listen when do you want to reschedule?"
"Oh wow, I didn't think you were gonna call me back. Well my schedules pretty booked, but uh, my friend is hosting this party tonight, and if you want, we could go to dinner and then drop by?"
"Sure, why not? So dress for a normal house party? Or is it more fancy?"
"Yeah, uh causal. Where do you want to go to dinner?"
"As long as it's not sushi, I'll practically eat anything."
He laughs, "No sushi. Got it. I'll pick you up at five?"
"Yeah sure, I'll text you the address. Bye!"
"Bye Bianca!"

After hanging up, I take a few deep breaths and then I make my way to the kitchen. I quickly go to the fridge and take out the milk and chocolate syrup. Chocolate milk can fix anything. I'm in the middle of stirring my milk, when I feel the eyes burning into my head. I pretend not to notice. I finish prepping the milk and take a long swig before putting the spoon in the sink, and the chocolate and the milk away. That's when I turn around. I take a quick glance at him before continuing to drink my milk. I continue ignoring him.

It's just this long, tense silence that's between us. I turn around and go into the freezer. My thinking is, if I ignore him long enough, he'll go away. So I do just that. I get the frozen waffles from the freezer and plop them into the toaster. It's not long before I realize that Cameron has never done what I thought he would do. That and he's never listened. So I'm not surprised when he opens that mouth of his.
"Listen, Bia... I just want to-"
Just listening to his voice makes me want to not listen and want to smash his head against a wall. Violent much?
"No. You listen. I'm done with your shit Cameron."
There's a low whistle and Chloe strolls into the room. "Damn Cam, you screwed up big time. And all over a damn fort too." Cam gives her a weird look. He's obviously confused. I step in before he opens his mouth again. "Chloe, will you be able to help me with my date later tonight." She nods, and the others walk into the kitchen, and I'm on my way out when I hear his voice. "No!"
Everyone stops and stares at Cam. He looks hurt, and angry, and then he explodes. "Damn you Bianca! I thought you really were over the damn game! But then I realized if you were, Chloe would've castrated me by now, and ripped you a new one. But she hasn't, so you haven't told her." He takes a deep breath, "I only said those things last night because I didn't want you to find out. The game was an excuse. So I could mess around and get close with you... So I'd be able to be in your presence..." For some reason I get angrier. I know what he's trying to say, but I take it in the worst way possible. "So you could mess around with me? Do you hear yourself Cameron? Do you hear how much of an ass that one statement makes you sound like? I knew you were a player but I didn't think it was that much."
"Bianca! Would you shut up and listen to me for one minute?" I'm about to protest when Mike runs over and clamps his hand over my mouth and motions for Cam to continue. I huff and roll my eyes, before I obey. I'm obviously not going anywhere. Cam continues speaking, "As I was saying, I created the game because I wanted to... I want..." He gets frustrated and tugs at his hair. "Damn it! Bia, I lost the game before it even started. I lost before it was even thought of. I lost when we were kids, and I pushed you and Chloe into a mud puddle. I yelled and told you I didn't like you because you were right. And I knew that if you knew I liked you, and had feelings for you, you still would have ended it. And you wouldn't have even given me a thought. So I created the game, so I could be my true self around you, so that maybe, you could like me back... But now I've ruined all chances I could've had, and you're going on a date... I'm so sorry Bia. I never really wanted to hurt you."

Everyone was in a state of shock. Including me. I didn't even notice Mike's hand slip from my mouth, and I didn't notice the tears slide down my face. He was looking at me, with so much guilt, and he's expression wasn't just guilt, it was regret, and hope, and pain, and relief, and love. I couldn't handle it. Then I felt a rush of emotions, and a terrible pain in my stomach. I also realized I felt a rush of something else, and there was only one thing on my mind.

Run.
I did. I ran away from that scene, I ran up the stairs, and into the bathroom. I locked myself inside, and just collapsed to the floor. I was crying and shaking and everything made sense. Cameron having feelings for me made sense. My acting out made sense. Chloe always said I turned into a cold-hearted monster whenever I got my period. But I think I was crying the most because, I realized somewhere, somehow, I tried to hurt and crush, the one person who has always been there for me. He's always been a constant, I've even cried on his shoulder. I can't believe I wanted him out of my life. However, with this new knowledge, I knew Cameron would have never allowed that to happen. That thought brings this huge ass smile to face, and the tears eventually stop.

•~~~~~~~~~~~~~~•
Does anyone ever read these? If so please let me know if I'm wasting my time.

Anyway, I'm sorry this update took forever and for the mistakes. As per usual. Sometime in the future I will go through a major editing process with this story. Now I don't think I'll take it offline, but just don't too excited because there may not be a new upstairs for awhile.

Now, if you guys would like some new content to read, I've got new ideas for some stories that I'll be working on. Lemme know if you'd be interested in reading them. Otherwise I won't post them.
So I love you all, and I look forward to hearing from you guys. Happy reading! Xoxoxoxo