Chapter 20

~Please go fan lolodyna! It's my jointed account, and we are writing a hunger games fan fiction!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Bright and early the next morning, Cato woke us up to go hunting. He seemed angry that we had barely found anyone.

   We yawned and stretched as we walked through the woods, weapons in our hands. None of us were even half awake yet. As I watched Clove polish her knives, I saw a flash of red from the corner of my eye.

   "Guys..." whispered Lavena.

   "RUN!" screamed Peeta. We all started sprinting as fast as we could towards camp. I glanced back at the fire, and it was spreading closer extremely fast. We scrambled through the woods as fast as we could, but the smoke was getting closer, and I was already coughing and choking. Clove was in the lead and Lavena was in the back. I held my hand out to her, and she quickly grabbed it. I yanked her up to where I was and pushed her, but I knew if I tried to carry her, it would slow us both down.

  Now I was in the back pushing Lavena as hard as I could to get in front of me. I heard someone shout my name, but I kept on running. Everything passed in a blur, and I was so focused on running that I almost didn't notice it when Marvel knocked me over.

   A fireball rushed over my body where I would of been standing ten seconds ago. I scrambled up and started running again. Lavena was on Marvel's back, holding on for her life, and he was sprinting towards the front. At least Aaron was back at camp because he was guarding.

   There wasn't too many fireballs getting thrown at us. It was probably all just to build some suspense. The fire wasn't far behind us, and the smoke was burning my throat.

   All of a sudden, a tree branch fell down on top of me and pinned me to the ground. I started panicking and frantically trying to get out of its hold, but it was too heavy. I screamed, but my voice was all raspy and wasn't as loud.

   "HELP!" I yelled. Clove looked back and hesitated before running back to me and lifting up the branch. I crawled out of it and noticed that I twisted my ankle. Tears were streaming down my face, and it hurt to put any pressure on my left foot. I kept crawling until Clove helped me stand up.

  The pain of running killed me but knowing what lied behind us gave me an extra boost of determination to keep moving.

**************************

   We stopped to rest in a pool of water, and I just dived in it. The cold water felt so good against my skin. I could now walk on my left leg, but it still hurt.

   "Thank you," I said to Marvel.

   "For what?" he asked.

   "Saving me... and for helping Lavena. You didn't have to do that."

   "I know. I still... I still love you, Glimmer." Oh great. What was I supposed to say now!? Wasn't I supposed to be avoiding him!? He almost killed Lavena, and now he was saving her.

   "Okay," I said. I awkwardly walked away, and we continued walking. Not much later, we found a tribute. Only this wasn't just any tribute. We found girl on fire.