Silence Is A Virtue

Silence. Just silence. The monsters stopped. 

I opened my tightly shut watery eyes, my hand was still entwined with Jay's and squeezing hard, I'm surprised his fingers didn't fall off. We both looked at each other and released a sigh that was held for so long. My heart beat returned to its normal pace but i was still shaking uncontrollably. Both Jay and I stood up from the worn-out carpet and looked at the door in fear. My legs felt weak.

"What ....... What was ....W-W-What j-j-just hap-p-pene-ed " jay whispered into my ear. His fear was noticeable. He looked at me with confusion and fear in his blue eyes.

" I-I-I-I Dont know" i stutered and moved closer to Jay's warming presence. He hugged me making me feel safe again. The thoughts of that monster couldnt be removed from my memeory . His skin , the way he moved to the way he muttered, it was all begining to take over my body and i could feel myself becoming frightened again. Jay noticed my sudden tense muscles 

" Aria , its okay , everything is going to be okay , just realx its-" 

" RELAX HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO F****NG RELAX WHEN-" 

" shhh Aria , they might hear you " 

I sobbed into Jay's shoulder and thought about my brother.... wait... MY FAMILY

" Jay , i have a phone , we can call someone " i said desperately , while frantically searching for my phone. I scrolled down until i reached mum. Relief washed over me when i found her contact.

 I pressed the dialer with my shaky hand.

RING.... RING.... Each ring felt like it went on for hours, my relief started to fade and concern overtook my veins. Fear added to the concern. ' where are they, why aren't they picking up' i felt a tear build up in my eyes and each passing moment was like a death sentence.

RING.....RING....RING.....' Your call cannot be answered at this time, please a message after the tone' shocked, i dropped my phone and collapsed onto the floor , my tears fell and didn't stop flowing. My first thought was death.  

I tried multiple times to see if they would answer. Still nothing.

Jay held me close and didn't let go until i stood up and stopped acting like a pussy.

" Jay we need to get out of here" i said with a mixture of anger and fear thrown into the pot of my feelings.

" but what if their still out there" Jay said concerningly 

" stop being a p**sy , grow a set of balls and come with me" i said , i was frustrated enough with this situation and i didn't need him adding to it.

Jay's face was shocked and he went into a sulk- typical men.

We removed the object protecting the door and braced ourselves. Our hands were shaking and we both held onto the door.

" Ready?"

" Ready"

We opened the door and couldn't believe our eyes

" What just happened here" Jay asked.

****************************************************************************

Hope you liked it  please comment , it would be amazing to hear your thoughts on how to improve