Ch. 2: Question Existing

(Sorry guys I haven't updated in a couple of days, I have my last day of school next Wednesday so I'm doing a countdown.)

Tamia:

I feel him jerk up in the bed, my hands falling from his hair. I eye him in confusion and his light green eyes are focused on the covers of my hospital bed.

"Hey," I ask softly grabbing his chin forcing him to look at me. His eyes start to look what's a great word? Hopeful? Why would he look hopeful for?

"I just need to ask why I'm here," I say with a shrug but his eyes fall again so I can't see his face scrunching up.

I frown at his over thinking facial expression, what the heck is going on with him? "Kevin!" he jumps at my loud voice and looks up slowly at me, clenching his jaw. Whoa.

For some odd reason my heart leapt in my chest when he did that. Maybe it's because he clenched his jaw because he's annoyed and I feel hurt? Yeah that could only be the reason.

"What?" his deep voice rumbles thick with annoyance. He narrows his eyes and bites his pale lip to the point it bled.

Wow that's sexy. Wa-wait what!? I've never thought things like this before about Kevin, it must be the painkillers. It has to be beca-.

"You were in a car accident," Kevin blurts out, staring out the window. I nod my head slowly, an attempt to understand but that's all it is.

An attempt because that's impossible so I shake my head, quicker this time.

"Kevin I know I'm a fast driver and all but I'm pretty safe so that doesn't make any sense," I try to defend myself but he shakes his head now for me to understand.

"Drunk driver," he says blankly with an facial expression to match. Drunk driver?

Wow I never thought I would be one of those kids that'll be in a car accident because of drunk driving. Though gladly it wasn't me that was the drunk in this accident.

"Wow," and Kevin replies with a murmur of agreement, he starts to get off the bed but I stop him by putting my hand on his leg.

He looks up to turn his head at my face with concerned eyes and I immediately take my hand away, feeling my cheeks hot as hell.

Oh my God, why am I blushing?! He looks away and I hear him murmur pretty cheeks with a weak smile, like he's reminiscing.

"Kevin," I breathe out. He looks at me again but with a bit of sadness. "Is there something you're not telling me?" He pulls a blank mask on his face to cover his emotions so I couldn't see.

"Nothing Tamia," he gets up and I grab his hand to his dismay because he winces.

"What happened to your hand and why haven't you called me Mia?" I yell at him and I feel my eyes starting to water angrily but I squint my eyes so they can't fall.

He shakes his head and I throw my hands up in the air, "Forget it. I mean I figured since I woke up in a hospital bed and apparently with amnesia, my best friend-," he winces for some reason but I continue.

"Would give me some got damn sympathy," soon after my words left my lips, I start to feel light headed and my vision started to blur.

"Mia you okay?!" He checks my forehead and then I feel perfectly fine. What in the...world?

I slowly nod, his hand falls and I push my arms up to sit up in the bed. I start to feel dizzy again.

"Whoa," he pulls me back down. "You need to rest okay?" I have to pass out for him to be the old Kevin again instead of this new brooding Kevin?

Are you freaking kidding me but it doesn't matter because my vision falters and I immediately drift to sleep.