Part 17

I wake up to my record player at the end of the record. I get up when I hear a knock on my door. I open it up to see Narcissa.

"Can I talk with you, Lily?" She asks.

"Yes, come in," I say getting out of the way.

"What happened yesterday? Are you okay, darling?" she questions.

"No, I'm not okay. I'm sick of Lucius hating me since I got here and I'm sick of just everything. Why did this have to happen to me? I'm not special. I'm nothing," I rant, tears spilling from my eyes.

"That is not true. You are special, and you definitely aren't nothing. If you weren't special, why did Draco choose you? He wouldn't choose someone who isn't special," she wipes the tears and kisses my forehead. I wrap my arms around her and she wraps her arms around me, "If you need anything, and I mean anything, you can come to me. And that's a promise, my child," 

"Thank you, for everything," I say.

Later that day, Draco barges into my room.

"Lily, are you okay? What happened yesterday?" he questions. 

"I don't want to talk about it," I mumble. I look down and I feel arms wrap around me. 

"You don't have to talk if you don't want to," Draco never pushes me to answer anything I don't want to. He truly cares about me and I love him. 

I wrap my arms around him and dig my head into his chest. A lump forms in my throat and tears start to seep from my eyes. 

"I'm sorry," I whisper.

"Why are you sorry? You have nothing to be sorry for," he grabs my face in his hands and looks me in the eyes.

"Yes I do..." I try to look away but he's stronger than me.

"What is it then?" he asks.

I hesitate then reply with, "For being such a mess. You're constantly looking after me and I feel like such a burden," I don't want to look at him. I know that he'll have a lot of hurt in his eyes because he loves me and thinks I'm perfect.

"That is hogwash and we both know it," he exclaims. I shrink back, not expecting the loud noise, "I'm sorry for startling you," he whispers.

"This is exactly what I mean! We can't have a conversation without me breaking down or getting scared or something that makes you have to look after me!" I exclaim. 

"You can't help it and I love looking after the woman I love!" he says.

"Well I don't like feeling like a burden to you," I say.

He grabs my face and forces me to look at him again. He gets close and slowly says, "You are NOT a burden. Now say it,"

"I am not a burden," I softly repeat. 

"Now, I'm taking you to Diagon Alley because you need to get away from all this stuff and we need school supplies," he says. He grabs my hand and we go.