Part 13

I wake up and get ready for the funeral for my grandmother. My grandfather died long ago so it was just her and Dottie, and me when I came to visit. 

"Baby, please don't get depressed again. It wasn't fun for me and didn't look fun for you. Please talk to me?" Draco whispers in my ear. I nod.

We head downstairs and have breakfast. After that we leave for the graveyard with Mrs. Gally.

It seems like the whole town is here, and that's probably the case. The town is small and my grandmother was the nicest person you'd ever meet. Everyone loved her. 

When we reach her casket I just break down crying. I see my best friend Cassy.

"Cassy!" I scream. She turns and darts to me

"Lily! I've missed you so much!" she almost strangles me.

"Cassy, this is my boyfriend Draco, Draco, this is my best friend Cassy," I introduce them.

"I'm so sorry for your loss," she hugs me again.

As we walk up to the casket for one last goodbye, Draco is on one side with an arm around my waist and Cassy's  on the other side with an arm around my shoulders. I see my grandmother almost white with her eyes closed. The tears won't stop. I kiss my fingers and set them on her cheek that's freezing cold. 

"I love you, grandma. Why'd you have to go?" I sniffle. I go sit down in one of the chairs next to Draco and lay my head on his shoulder. He turns his head, kisses forehead and whispers 'I love you'. 

They start the service and there's a bunch of religious crap. Then it's time to say a few things. I get up to give my speech.

"My grandmother was one of the nicest people ever. I never saw her be mean and nasty to anyone, no matter how they were to her. My mother died at a young age so she practically raised me  throughout the years. Everyone loved her, I've never met a person who didn't. She helped everyone she could and never took no as an answer. Even on my worst days, she could always put a smile on my face. She will never be forgotten and will always be loved. I love you and miss you, grandma," I finish and through a daffodil onto the closed casket in the ground.

A couple of people talk after me and then it finishes and we go home. I head to the room we're staying in and just lay on the bed while petting Dottie.

Draco walks into the room, "Come here, baby," He holds his arms open. I get up and walk into them. I wrap my arms around his waist and dig my head into his chest, "You can cry, baby. Go ahead, I can tell you want to,"

I just let all the tears flow free. He picks me up and lays on the bed. For the rest of the day we just cuddle and I cry.