Scorch Trials 14

Teresa's POV

I screamed suddenly but stopped myself before my scream became to loud. My sister had just knocked out Tom with a piece if wood. My head was throbbing with pain and confusion.

"What did you do?" I asked harshly trying to grasp everything that was happening.
"It was getting out of hand." She said dropping the piece if wood next to a lifeless Tom.
"I was saying goodbye."
"No you weren't!" She snapped getting closer to me. "You were warning him. Telling him that he had to leave. Why?"

I didn't have an answer. I didn't really know why I was warning him to go, leave. One minute I was crying because I was going to leave Tom, next thing I knew there were voices in the back of my head telling me to warn him.
"I-I don't know why but something bad is going to happen. To him and to you. I think, I think I remember."

I realized what happened earlier today. WCKD, they wanted me to choose Tom or Jo. I couldn't do it I can't.
"Jo please tell me you didn't call them."
She sat down on the ground and put her face in her hands. She looked frustrated and tired.
"Of course I did, this is what we agreed on."
"No we didn't. I remember something happened, I don't know what but it made me change my mind. I have no clue what happened but all I know is now that I believe that we can't do this. We have to find a different way."

"It's too late." She said just above a whisper.
My sisters lips were pressed in a hard thin line. Her expression showed sadness which confused me even more than what I already was. Jo got up slowly and walked up to me. I was thinking about every possible reason why I acted how I did. My wondering mind was snapped back to reality when I felt Jo push me down to the ground.

"What ar-" I was cut off by Jo's hand covering my mouth. I felt my eyes open wide as she tried to keep me on the ground. She sat down on me  and managed to get my legs wrapped around hers so I couldn't kick.
I instinctively tried to hit her in the face with both of my hands. I managed to hit her right in the jaw before she pin down my hands.

"Stop fighting and calm down." She whispered harshly.
"Stop fighting?" I scoffed. "How can I stop fighting when I feel threatened by my own sister?" I tried to get out of the positioning I was currently in but, I didn't pay attention to was how much heavier my sister was.
"I'm sorry okay but you don't seem to understand. I don't want to hurt you." She said trying to call me down.

I tried digging my nails in her hands but in one one swift move she put my hands under her knees. I grunted in pain as I felt her knees digging into the palm of my hands. I was going to start screaming but she covered my mouth as if she knew what I was going to do.

I saw her reaching into the pocket of her jacket and she pulled out a needle.
"Jo what are you doing?" She didn't respond me.
"Jo? Jo look at me."
"That's not my name!" She snapped.
"What? What are you talking about?"

She opened up her mouth to speak but Tom's grunting and slight movement made her stop. She took the cap of the needle and held down my face. That immediately caused me to start moving around, trying to find whatever strength I had left in me.

"Stop moving please this could kill you." Her words made me stop. Not because I was listening to her but the fact that dying wasn't an option for me. She brought the needle down to my neck and I didn't even feel it. Then I started feeling dizzy again. I felt her ease up and I used that opportunity to push Jo off me.

She fell backwards but quickly gained her composure.
"It was you. The same feeling I had before passing out and not remembering is coming back.
You made me forget." I was feeling more and more weak. Guilt was shown all over her face. "I don't even know you any more. Whoever you've become I hate y-" I felt my eyes get heavy and felt myself fall forward.

Jo's POV

I grabbed Teresa as she fell towards me. She wasn't able to finish what she was telling me but I was able to finish it for her. She hated me. I don't blame her I also hated myself. Especially for this thing getting too far.

I grabbed her and moved her further away from Thomas. That way when-if she woke up she wouldn't see him passed out.
"Teresa. Wake up please." I practically begged her, hoping she was still alive. Teresa is a good kid she didn't deserve to die over this. I used more of the memory serum then last time so she could forget completely. It was a risk but I was willing to take so she couldn't fight it.

Her eyes started to open up, slowly. I let a sigh of relief escape me.
"Hey, your awake good." I told her as she sat up. She kinked her eyebrows and looked around as if she had no clue where she was.

"Teresa." She turned to face me her confused expression was still on her face. "Remember Thomas is coming here soon."
At first she didn't do anything but the she nodded slowly. At least she knew who he still was.
"You can't warn him about WCKD. They are already coming to get us and him, all you can do is beg for his forgiveness and hope he will understand."

"How?" She finally spoke up. How? What was the reason I learned why Teresa was so involved with WCKD? Remember Kris, come on what was it?
"Your mom. Our mom." I corrected myself as quickly as I could. "Do you know what happened to her?" I asked carefully.
"Yes of course maybe he'll understand more if I tell him about her." She slowly started coming out of the trance the medicine put her in. 

"I'll go get Thomas so you can speak with him. Just wait here."
We both got up and I walked where Thomas was. He was moving slightly which was good so I didn't have to make such a big effort on waking him. I just hope that the second time won't go wrong.