Scorch Trials 6

Teresa's POV

"Hey Teresa I found him!" Jo called out to me in the sea of people. I made my way towards them pushing anyone out of my way. From the looks of it it seemed that Thomas partied a little to hard, since he was passed out on the floor. I called over Frypan to help me and Jo take Thomas to Jorge, wherever he was.

We finally found him talking to a man in a red suit as they made there way up stairs. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Minho, Newt, and Aris with Brenda coming toward us. When Jorge saw us he motioned us to follow him. We quietly followed him up the stairs to a room where we could hear Jorge and the man argue.

"Don't lie to me Marcus! I know what you did to everyone in that group." So that shunk is Marcus.
"He said that we had to wait here." Brenda told us.
"Well at least I didn't run away for my life!" Marcus yelled.

Then we heard a loud thud. Brenda immediately ran into the room and we were right behind her. Jorge was holding his hand while looking down on Marcus, who was knocked out on the floor blood coming out of his nose.

"We don't just stand there. Help me tie him up." Newt and Minho went to help while job and I put Thomas on a couch. As we were walking towards the couch my hand, that was supporting his back, felt Thomas's back muscles. I never though he had any muscles but I guess this was a nice surprise. We laid him down on the couch, he was feeling a bit hot and his skin looked flushed. I gently pass my hand through his hair, and in the corner of my eye I see Brenda staring at me. She quickly turned away when I walked away from Thomas to sit down.

Thomas POV

Teresa listen to me. Whatever they say about me it isn't true. They aren't good listen to me Teresa.
Thomas what are you talking about? Tom what did you do?
I'm sorry Teresa. I grabbed her hand before being pulled away from her and my dream.

"Hey, hey are you okay?" The voice of Teresa awoken me instantly. For a second I thought I was back in the glade, with Teresa over me asking if I was okay. She apparently was thinking the same thing.
"We have to stop meeting like this." She laughed. Our moment was cut short by Jorge's angry voice.

"Quit lying to me Marcus." Jorge said. I could not believe that Marcus was the same guy that drugged me and Brenda. He was now tied to a chair, his eye was swollen and blood covered his entire face.

"I would never lie to you hermano but I don't now anything about the Red Arm." Marcus gasped
Jorge grabbed his chin. "You know about the Red Arm Marcus, you were with them. Now what do you do? You drug kids, you've really done it now. "
"I made a deal with WCKD, I get kids to come in here then I supply a couple to WCKD. In return I get well everything." He chuckled.
"You know what I really enjoy hurting you."

Jorge punched Marcus so hard that caused him to fall backwards on his seat. Then Jorge pulled out a gun from his pants and pointed it to Marcus's face. We were all shocked to see Jorge so aggressive, Brenda stood up immediately and got close to Jorge.

"Hey Jorge what are you doing man?" Brenda questioned.
"He is going to tell us everything he knows, because he cares about his life more than anything else."
"You won't do it, not in front of these kids.
"Don't test me!" Jorge yelled as he cocked the gun. "Where is the Red Arm?" Hey yelled.
Now Marcus looked scared, he looked at the gun then at Jorge. "Okay fine."

With that Jorge picked up Marcus off the ground and put his gun away.
"They are in the mountains, not far from here. It's a small group just 2 days on foot."

Jorge gave him a small smile. "See was that so hard? Now there is just one thing we are going to need. Bertha."
"No, not Bertha." Marcus whined

Bertha who was she? We all got up leaving Marcus alone tied up in his chair with a gag in his mouth, put there by none other than Minho. As we walked out of the house I pulled Brenda towards me.

"Hey Brenda look about uh, the kiss uh." I didn't really know what to say. I mean it's not like I didn't enjoy it, she is beautiful but it didn't feel right.
"Thomas it's okay we were on some crazy shunk. It's mostly my fault and I understand." That's all what she said to me and honestly it left me a bit confused. All I was able to do was give her a smile and she gave me one back.
We continued to walk but everyone was silent waiting to see this Bertha.

"Alright spare us the suspense who is this Bertha? An old girlfriend that left you for Marcus?" Minho asked as he broke the silence.
"No." Jorge said.
"I think your lying. She probably picked Marcus over you because he has money, a nice house, and well compared to you he's a 10."

I let a laugh escape me. Minho never shuts up about anything no matter what it is.

"You think your sarcasm or sass what ever you call it makes you smart, don't you? Well here we are. Everyone meet Bertha." Jorge opened a door and let us in.

"No way!" Newt yelled
"Wait so Bertha is a car?" Frypan asked Jorge.
"Yes she is. Had a lot of these back in my day before everything went crazy. See Minho, car not girlfriend."  Jorge told Minho and he rolled his eyes.

I haven't seen a car since I was a kid. It seemed more like a truck and the horns in the front completed it.
"What's the big deal? It's just a car." Brenda said.
"I'm with you Brenda." Teresa agreed.

We all had our mouth open to the girls comment.
"Have you ever even been in one?" I asked them.
"I'm pretty sure I was in one when I was kid." Teresa said.
"We'll prepare to relax and enjoy the ride. We are going to find the Red Arm." Jorge opened the back door and one by one we got in.

----------------------------------
Playlist for this is on spotify:
Inspired by the Maze Runner