Scorch Trials 8

Newt's POV

I hit the ground hard, pain shooting through my body. I wiped my hands and grabbed my machete out of its satchel. I ran towards the girl who had already killed one of the cranks.

"What are you doing slinthead!?" The girl yelled at me as I stabbed a crank. She was obviously a glader.
"I'm trying to help!" I yelled at her.
She punched a crank and kicked it to the ground.
"I don't need your help!" She stabbed the crank in the stomach with her spear.
She turned to me and came up to me. Suddenly she swung her spear knocking out my machete from my hand.  She pointed the bloody tip to my head and it was getting closer to me.

"Alright greenie, who are you?"
Greenie? That's my line. I'm starting to regret, just a bit, rescuing her.
"Newt, and you?" I asked raising my eyebrow.
"What about them?"
I turned around and everyone was just watching not even helping me.
"They're my friends, like I said trying to help." Then out of nowhere a crank came up behind the girl and bit her on the shoulder. She screamed in pain and dropped her spear. I saw a good sized rock and bashed the crank's head with it. The crank let go then Jorge shot it.

"Newt, move. She'll be a crank soon." Jorge leveled the gun to the girl's head.
"What!? No are you jacked or something? I'm immune. Look."
She rolled up her left sleeve revealing a nasty crank bite.
"This, this is 2 weeks old."
"Hold on Jorge let me see it." Brenda told him. Brenda walked towards the girl, her hands in the air trying to show her that she can trust her. "She's saying the truth, it's healing up, slowly."

Jorge lowered the gun at Brenda's word.
"Now just hold on a minute, since when have you been a medjack?" I asked her.
Brenda gave me a funny look, then I forgot that she wasn't with us in the Maze.
"You mean a medicman, right? The girl asked. "Im guessing you were in a Maze too." She fixed her sleeve and got her spear. Was this girl reading my mind or something?

"Yeah we were. How did you know that?" Thomas answered for me.
"First of all he said medjack so I recognize when a word like ours is tweaked. I was in a Maze too, my name is Gazelle." She stuck her hand out.
"Look at that we have animal names, Gazelle." I told her as I shook her hand.
"Gazelle?" She asked shockingly. "It's Giselle, but you can call me Gigi." She clarified. I rescued this girl not to long ago and I get her name wrong. I felt my cheeks get red, so I turned away to the group.

I introduced her to the group one by one.
"Thank you for not killing me." She told Jorge.
"Your welcome. See that, first person in this whole entire trip to say thank you."  He said.
"Here I think I could do something about that bite." Frypan told Giselle. I noticed that Brenda gripped here leg in pain, I gave her a concerned look and she mouthed I got hit. I didn't really believe her but I turned to the direction of the rest of the gang.

We all walked to the car so Giselle could get patched up.
"When did you become a medjack?" Minho asked Frypan.
"I spent a lot of time with them in the glade."
"So you call it the glade? Huh we called it the Wald."
"Yeah, I thought we all had the same name considering that WCKD is behind  all this." I told her.
"Wald is German for forest. 2/3 of us walders were German so that's what we called it."
"Are you German?"
"What? No I'm Hispanic like her." She nodded towards Brenda. Of course her dark hair, skin and brown eyes shows that they are Hispanic.

"Okay this is going to sting a bit." Frypan told Giselle and she nodded. Frypan poured liquid on a cloth and pressed it against her shoulder. She let out a small gasp and clenched her fist.
"All done, I'm gonna put this cloth on the bite. Just make sure you check it and change it every day or two." He gave her a smile and she gave him one in return.

She got up and straightened her shirt and grabbed her spear.
"Thank you Newt, everyone." She said looking at us.
"Wait so you are just going to leave?" I asked.
"Yeah I have to go before they find me."
"Who?" Aris asked.
"Like I told Newt over here, he's a slinthead. Me and my group just ambushed people right before you guys rescued me, then the cranks got loose and started chasing me. Since I am immune I told them to go back to the camp and then, well all this happened."

We all stood there, baffled I would say.
"Okay so wait a minute, we could have been ambushed as well?" I asked.
"Well yeah but then once we figured out that you weren't apart of WCKD we would've let you go. To be honest I hate the ambushing, WCKD is trying to do good but in every wrong way possible." She said walking away.
"Bye nice meeting you." Teresa said along with everyone else.

"Wait so your just going to go?" I asked her as she ran towards a hill.
"From the looks of it, I'll see you pretty soon."
She waved goodbye and vanished over the hill. Did she really mean that we will see her or was it more of a I might see you in 10 years, goodbye. We all went back inside the car and continued to drive for about an hour until we reached a dead end.  Our path to the Red Arm was blocked by a bunch of destroyed cars.

"Okay everyone out we got to find a way to get through. Get everything that we need and let's split up." Jorge ordered as usual.

Minho and I, along with Aris and the girls looked for a way for us to go. We seemed to be walking in a gully, water was right next to us. We kept walking until we heard a loud bang and we all turned around to see Frypan running towards us.
"Jorge and Thomas say we have- we have to hide and get far away from them." He gasped.

Without hesitation we ran to a nearby pile of cars and say behind them.
"Cover your ears!"
Jorge yelled out and we listened.
"3,2,1!"
I closed my eyes and pressed my hands against my ears and nothing. I opened my eyes and I saw Jorge and Tommy being held at gunpoint by two girls.
Oh klunk.

----------------------------------
Newts POV I hope I did good!