Scorch Trials 3

Thomas's POV

"Teresa! Let's go!" I yelled at her. She came as soon as I called her. We ran far with the group while explosions, guns firing and people screaming were surrounding us. There was also a song playing in the speakers around us.

"Hurry we don't have much time!" Brenda yelled at us
"Right this way." Jorge rushed us and pushed a button. Then a small door opened revealing a zip line. "Okay everybody grab onto one and hold tight." Jorge told us
"You've got to be kidding me." Minho said
"Plan b hermano. If you want to go to the Red Arm, I'll lead you right to them. Follow me!" Jorge yelled running of the platform.

"Oh crap I forgot." Brenda said before running towards the chaos.
"Brenda!" I yelled as I looked over at Teresa who was just about to jump.
"It's okay go. Be careful Thomas." She said as she squeezed my arm knowing what I was going to do.

I nodded and ran, ran as fast as I could barely able to see Brenda. I followed her back into Jorge's office where she started looking in a drawer.
"Brenda what are you doing we have to go!" I yelled at her.
"I got it okay let's go." She put something in her pocket but I could make out what it was. She ran and I ran behind her and when we got out of the office Janson's men had already broken in. Brenda started shooting at them despite that they didn't see them. They returned fire quickly.
"Go, go go!" I pushed her.

As we got close to the zip line we were cut off by two armed men. We immediately turned around and went down a flight of stairs, the men were getting closer. When we got to the top we were trapped and more men were gaining on us.

"Come on Thomas! Follow me, we have to get out before the song ends!" Brenda yelled, almost cried. She climbed on a beam and ran on it. At first I hesitated, one wrong step and it would be the end of me but a man came behind me quickly. So I jumped on that thing and tried to run.
"Hurry Thomas!" Brenda yelled. Boom, Boom, Boom. The loud explosions filled my ears as Brenda and I jump on an elevator that brought us down away from the falling building. Then darkness.

Complete darkness.

Teresa's POV

I turn around to the loud explosion behind me. No I thought no. "Thomas! No!" I cried as I fell to the floor. I don't know why but I felt like he died but it's Thomas he's strong he could have survived that, he can survive anything. I felt a pair hands on my shoulders and when I looked up it was Jo. I got up and gave her a hug. It felt warm had protective as if I had done it everyday of my life.

"No he's not gone. Thomas can not be gone." Newt said almost to himself.
"Your right from what I have seen Thomas is a fighter and Brenda," Jorge paused "Brenda is strong, smart she knows where to meet us. Let's go."
"But what if-."
"No what ifs they are alive I can feel it can't you?" Jorge asked me.

I did but for some reason my mind kept telling me he was dead. No he was alive I felt it he was. My mind was wrong, this time. I gave him a nod and in return he gave me a small smile and started walking with us following him.

"Don't worry Teresa they are going to be fine." Aris assured me

I smiled and looked back at the burning building the helicopter was now leaving. How did they find us? Did they help the people in there? What did WCKD want with us?

"Hey Teresa? You okay?" Jo asked me
"Yeah it's just I don't know if Thomas or Brenda made it out alive. If anyone did." I sighed. "I'm just confused about WCKD."
"You don't have to be. WCKD is not good. The things they do to kids like us, I'm lucky I got out of there when I did." Jo's word made me feel even more torn about WCKD.
"It's just you don't understand. Did they give you your memory back?" I asked her. She shook her head not looking at me. "Look don't be mad we still have a lot of catching up to do. My mind," I sighed. "My mind is just full of so many things. I need to be distracted tell me everything and I will do the same." I said grabbing her hand
She shook her head and smiled. "I'm not mad we all have our opinions, you always seen people differently Mother Teresa. Just as long as we are on the same sides."

We continued walking and talking, catching up. I remember everything she has told me but my mind jumped every now and then to Thomas or WCKD. After a couple hours of walking to god knows where we stopped and took a rest. Along the horizon was something that looked like a city, that's probably where we were going.

"So the Red Arm saved you?" I asked Jo
"Yeah but keep it on the down low, okay because I never told anyone not even these guys." She nodded her head towards Jorge and Brenda. "I just told them I escaped from WCKD but the truth is I got separated from the group. Cranks, they were the reason I got separated."
"I had a couple run ins with cranks myself." I chuckled
"So you were in a maze too?"
"Yeah but I was mostly sent in for Thomas to, I don't help him out I guess."
"Seems like you guys are close."
"Yeah we were, are. He's my best friend, he's the closet thing I got to family ever since we were taken away."
"We are going to find him, you know that right?"
"Yeah I really hope we do." I sighed

--------------------------------------------------------
Done! Hope you all enjoy it!