Scorch Trials 12

Newt's POV

"It's a good thing you saved this stew." I told Frypan.
"Yeah this is the best food I have ever had in years." Giselle agreed.
"Hey like I told you the stew smelled weird. So I went to go help them." Frypan told us

The sound of foot steps getting closer to us made me lift up my head. Teresa was walking over to us, her arms crossed over her chest. Her face showed that she was worried so I got up and walk towards her.
"Hey what's wrong Teresa? Are you alright?"
"Have you seen Thomas?" She asked clearly avoiding my questions.
"Yeah he went with Mary somewhere, not to long ago. What's wrong?" I asked again.
"Nothing," she sighed. "I'm fine I'm just tired. Have you seen Jo?"

"I did." Giselle said getting up. "She went walking towards the group of people that were in the maze, with Minho."
"Do you think you can take me there?" Teresa asked.
"Sure. You coming guys?"
"Yeah, I need to find Minho anyways." I said.
"You guys go ahead, I'm going to find Aris and his uh friends." Frypan said as he ran off.
"We know that's not the real reason why you're finding him you shank!" I yelled as he gave me a smile.

We walked not too far from the Center and found all the gladers huddled in a small group. They all seemed jacked, like us when we were in the maze drinking Gally's special concoction. In the back of the group was Minho who was siting very close to Jo. Too close in fact, their faces were getting closer and closer together.
"Minho!" "Jo!" Teresa and I yelled at them.  They stopped and looked over at us.
"What the shuck do you think you are doing?" I asked as I walked over to Minho.
"Hey, Newton it's you!" Minho slurred, he clearly had too much of whatever he was drinking. "Buddy I think I need help." He told me as he slapped my shoulder.
"I can see that."
"No you don't understand, I think I'm starting to like Jo but she is Teresa's sister. So she is related to the evil spawn child of WCKD." Minho pointed to Teresa, who glared viciously at him. "And you know how I feel about her." He tried to drink the little he had left in his cup but I managed to take it from him.

"Well this is uh this is getting a little bit awkward." Giselle laughed nervously. "Newt I think we can take him somewhere were he can rest for a while."
"Good idea. Come on Minho, let's go." I told him as I put his arm over my shoulders.
"Wait, I need to finish what I started! I'm a runner and runners don't give up!" He yelled with a fist in the air, as the other gladers cheered him on.  I looked over at Teresa and mouthed I'm sorry to her. She shrugged and rolled her eyes before looking over to a wide eye Jo who was waving at Minho.

Teresa's POV

"What are you doing?" I asked sternly.
"Relax." She scoffed as she got up.
"Relax? You were this close to making out Minho! Out of all the people here Jo!"
"Chill out Teresa. I got what we wanted either way." She pulled out a piece of paper out of her back pocket. "Now we got to contact WCKD so let's go."

Jo started walking away from me. She had the walkie and the coordinates in her hands. I had to stop I thought as I ran after her.

"Jo wait you can't call them."
"Shh, people are going to hear you." She grabbed my hand and took me into an empty tent. "We both agreed that this is what we had to do. It's too late now, they are waiting for us to contact them."
"That's the thing you just can't Jo!"
"Give me one good reason!"
"They are going to kill him!"
"You are still willing to give up everything for him? Unbelievable!" She walked over to a bed and sat on it. She passed her hand through her hair and sighed.

"Please Jo I can't do this. There has to be another way, if not they are gonna make me choose. You or Thomas."
"Oh and that's the hardest decision you have to make? Me over some guy?"
"He's not just some guy he is my best friend."
"So that makes me just some girl? I can't believe this."
"No it doesn't." I went over to her and sat next to her. "Your my sister, my blood the only family I have alive and I love you. Tom, Thomas is my best friend he has always been there for me and I love him." I felt tears going down my eyes. "You have to understand that I can't do this anymore, we have go find another way." I sniffled.

Jo looked at me and her expression softened. She suddenly pulled me into a hug, something I didn't except from her. "I understand. I'm sorry sis." She says into my ear. I hugged her back when I suddenly felt dizzy. I pulled out of the hug and looked at Jo who was getting blurry.
"Hey are you okay?" I barely heard what she just said.
"I'm okay I just feel dizzy." Those were the last things I was able to say before I fell onto the bed and shut my eyes.

Jo's POV

"Teresa? Are you okay?" I started shaking her trying to wake her up. She shot up as soon as I touched her. She looked at me wide eyed and confused. "Hey you good?"
"Um yeah I'm fine uh just um what were we doing?" She asked rubbing her forehead. She seriously doesn't remember?
"We were talking about WCKD." I said carefully.
"Right, right um anything else?"
"You were going to say goodbye to Thomas but not tell him anything else."
"Yeah I remember now sorry. All right let's call them." She got up and started walking out the tent.
"Wait you don't have any doubts?" I asked her.
"No should I?"
"No no no just checking." I said quickly.

She walked out to the tent and I just sat there. I can't believe that worked, I'm just glad it didn't kill her.